The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hmm how can DIC force the American's hand though?
sarforaz
Hmm how can DIC force the American's hand though?
Both the owners are struggling with money and will need to sell up sooner or later. They can't even get the money sorted for the stadium - which if you remember work for was meant to start within 60 days of their takeover in February 2007, it is now September 2008. They've been badly hit by the credit crunch aswell.

They're now back negotiating with DIC and DIC are just biding their time because they know both the owners are in a difficult situation. I think for DIC it's just a matter of time when the owners sell, rather than "if".
Reply 1582
Overmars
Hmm...not one, one single quote in that article.

Although -- supposing everything in there is true -- it seems perfectly reasonable that Liverpool's net spend didn't go too far above £18m if "the banks are not certain to grant them the option of a six-month extention".

Yo, sorry I had to dash off earlier before. Hopefully get a chance to talk proper later any other time though :colondollar:
Reply 1583
farhan
Both the owners are struggling with money and will need to sell up sooner or later. They can't even get the money sorted for the stadium - which if you remember work for was meant to start within 60 days of their takeover in February 2007, it is now September 2008. They've been badly hit by the credit crunch aswell.

They're now back negotiating with DIC and DIC are just biding their time because they know both the owners are in a difficult situation. I think for DIC it's just a matter of time when the owners sell, rather than "if".

You seem to know a lot about the potential takeover; where do you get your information?
farhan

Well it depends too where the cash is coming from.. The credit crunch will have hurt the Americans a lot but if they start bringing money from the US now, the exchange rate will favour them as the dollar gets stronger.
farhan
Anyone listened to Amanda Staveley on Radio 5 at 7pm? She basically said that the DIC takeover is an ongoing bid which she is very much still involved in, and will go ahead "only at the right price."

She was of course the person who negotiated for the Man City takeover.

Ah, Amanda Staveley...(rattles away furiously)
v1oXx-
You seem to know a lot about the potential takeover; where do you get your information?
From "in the knows", and I read up on it every day, there's hardly a related article that goes by without me reading it even if it's the same stuff.

I'm so addicted to it because I think if this happens, I sincerely believe it will be the best thing that's happened to our club for a very long time. Much bigger than Istanbul '05 or buying Torres! I will be over the moon.
BigScouser
Ah, Amanda Staveley...(rattles away furiously)
I'm guessing because she opened her big mouth before anything was even finalised! I was thinking the same "what is she doing?!" but I don't think it made much of a difference in terms of the outcome at the time.

Well, atleast the Man City takeover shows she is capable of something so she might pull this one off.
Reply 1588
Amanda? I'd hit that.
Reply 1589
Damn right you would :jiggy:
Reply 1590
_MaLc_
Amanda? I'd hit that.

Defo didn't have the pre-requisite games. Slag.
Reply 1591
I swear, talk about sleeping your way to the top. Good on her, I say. The slut.
Reply 1592
Yeah, I gotta say, she's earned it.
Rather her as chief exec than Parry.
Reply 1594
BigScouser
Rather her as chief exec than Parry.

She'd get on with Fernando, Xabi and Steven, no doubt.
weather it happens or not, we might like it and be able to buy big players but they will still come in build some ****e bowl, charge £44 and more for a ticket, talk about how important 'the 12th man' is and then walk all over us
i'd rather them in than the yanks dont get me wrong, its what i what and have done all along but its still far from ideal
share liverpool, as much as i would like it to work isnt for me, mainly because dispite the idea of equality, 5,000 is just too much for me, yet nigel from kent or some fella from Sweden who have an extra 5,000 about could just jump in and have more of a say
i dont know many people who do have 5,000 to just throw in
given time to build, say 10 years then it works, i'm sure saving we could do it over time, but the way its being carried out at the moment has certainly put me off the idea, almost seems disorgonised
Reply 1596
The main problem with ShareLFC is that it's just way too late. If collectively we'd have realised, say a decade ago that it was possible there is a fair chance we could have achieved it, making history in the process at around the same time Murdoch was pursuing his interest in United. A community club vs the establishment's club. How boss would that have been?

The problem is that it has taken the situation to become as bad as it has now for us to do anything about it, unfortunately in financial terms, the ship sailed almost a decade ago - before Morgan and Thaksin, let alone this current pair. No offence farhan, but I can't really abide by your slavish devotion to what is in essence an investment firm, as much as I want the yanks out (and believe me I want that chapter of the club's history to be slammed shut) I'm aware of the fact that I won't be the sort of whopper standing outside the Shankly statue in Arab headgear (new jester hat?!) waiting for Sky to point a camera in my face and to proudly announce that "We'll finally do one over Man U" and that the World XI will adorn a red shirt next season. Whilst DIC will have my gratitude for removing G&H (removing the Americans to liberate our club - ironic given the rhetoric of current US foreign policy) their reign will have to be judged on it's merits.

One tip for them though. Ditch that horrendous HKS design for the stadium ASAP, ****e and an eyesore. FACT.

AFL's final Parrybowl design was miles better, which I guess means the Stadium delay is a slice of luck considering the Texan firm have only designed one footy ground. The nondescript Pizza Hut Park, in Dallas
Pizza Hut Park sounds like the perfect place. Somewhere to eat Pizza Hut and watch football. Add cheerleaders and it's Pizza Hut Paradise :laugh:
Reply 1598
Ronaldo VII
Pizza Hut Park sounds like the perfect place. Somewhere to eat Pizza Hut and watch football. Add cheerleaders and it's Pizza Hut Paradise :laugh:

Errrrrr it's all about Il Forno you uncultured wool :wink:
I see its both U21 and national sides trying to qualify for the WC now..
We know Carra has retired, Gerrard and Torres are injured, so presumably none of them are going away on international duty, but which players are?
I'd guess Arbeloa, Alonso, Reina, Babel, Kuyt, Masch, Keane etc? Most of the squad no doubt..

Latest