The Student Room Group

Sports Direct

Scroll to see replies

I got the job! ;P
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 181
does anyone know what I should wear for my interview?
Reply 182
I got the job!
Reply 183
Congrats Dr.Danco! Would you be kind enough to answer a few questions as I've got an interview with them soon!! Any help would be much appreciated. :smile:

What happened on the day?
What questions did they ask you?
What did you wear?
Those people who work at Sports Direct, all I have to say to you is HAHAHA. I worked there once, it was the most awful place i've ever worked. Awful Wages, The Managers were dicks and I could go on.
Reply 185
Original post by alexxturnerr
Those people who work at Sports Direct, all I have to say to you is HAHAHA. I worked there once, it was the most awful place i've ever worked. Awful Wages, The Managers were dicks and I could go on.

Agreed
Sports Direct or Primark?
Reply 187
Primark
Reply 188
Original post by Ryan x
Congrats Dr.Danco! Would you be kind enough to answer a few questions as I've got an interview with them soon!! Any help would be much appreciated. :smile:

What happened on the day?
What questions did they ask you?
What did you wear?

They emailed me the next day to confirm I had the job like they had mentioned in the interview. In the interview the interviewer read my CV and the only questions they asked were when I was available to work/start, what I was currently doing, etc. I was in there a smaller amount of time than the guys in front of me in the queue for the interview. I wore a suit and I would recommend you go in smart dress. And good luck. :smile:

Also do you get paid for your induction?
Reply 189
I hated it when I worked there... They all were a little funny with me just cos I have a stretcher in one ear and the managers were well arsey and made me work later than i was meant to without being paid for it every shift!... I quit after 2 months xD
(edited 13 years ago)
Hi there, im new to this forum, and iv been reading alot about sports direct seems awful but im desperate so what can i do hey, anyways iv applied on the 9th november for a casual assitant evening 3-9 at a store and a week later on the 16th november, they asked me to go to a recruitement day on the 21st, what i would like to know is the recruitement day an interview or just some day where any indivdual can go and apply for a job, was thinking of asking a friend to come with me who hasnt applied yet online to the store and attend the recruitement day aswell....thanks :smile:
I remember applying to Sports Direct once for a job when I was in Uni.

The interview went quite well, but I didn't get it though :frown:
Hi there, im new to this forum, and iv been reading alot about sports direct seems awful but im desperate so what can i do hey, anyways iv applied on the 9th november for a casual assitant evening 3-9 at a store and a week later on the 16th november, they asked me to go to a recruitement day on the 21st, what i would like to know is the recruitement day an interview or just some day where any indivdual can go and apply for a job, was thinking of asking a friend to come with me who hasnt applied yet online to the store and attend the recruitement day aswell....thanks
I work at Sports Direct and it's really good. It's so relaxed and everyone can have a laugh and the work is so easy it's unbelievable (if you're not a complete retard) and as for the pay, if you work often enough and are good at what you do you can get pay rises.

People who didn't like it must crap at doing simple tasks IMO!
Reply 194
I worked for Sports Direct over the summer and hated it. The managers were awful and so were the other people I worked with. I remember once they made me use one of the huge ladders that was actually broken... Oh and they never paid me correctly but didn't give out pay slips so can't prove it in any way. Used to make everyone stay for almost half an hour after the shifts finished without being paid for it. I don't have a single good thing to say about them really.

To the poster above, I was certainly not crap at doing simple tasks; it was more about being constantly patronised/treated like a complete idiot that made me dislike it.
Reply 195
Most of the staff are foreign and some don't even speak proper english.

They don't give you any training before you start , including health and safety.

The managers don't explain things properly just expect you to get on with it.
This used to drive me up the wall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQU1xNHMa-4
Original post by Intrepid Explorer
I work at Sports Direct and it's really good. It's so relaxed and everyone can have a laugh and the work is so easy it's unbelievable (if you're not a complete retard) and as for the pay, if you work often enough and are good at what you do you can get pay rises.

People who didn't like it must crap at doing simple tasks IMO!

Absolutely wrong. I hated it because they made me work about 20% longer than I should on every shift without getting paid. It's ****e, and i'd like to know what vested interest you have in the store.
Reply 198
I went to the induction yesterday but i never got told when my next shift is! Help!?!?! D:
Reply 199
Original post by ninjamonkeyboy

Original post by ninjamonkeyboy
I have been invited to a recruitement day on Monday and am pretty nervous since it's my first job interview. I've read through this entire thread and am kind of worried. I don't mind the hours and the pay but don't think I'd really fit in there. I have no interest in sports (the odd game of FIFA maybe) and am a self confessed super-nerd. I have loads of odd little 'quirks' that convince me Sports Direct isn't right for me. I'm in my second year of college studying film, media and graphics and have every intention of going to University and studying Media (for which I got an A). I guess you could pretty much say I have a limited social life and a very small circle of friends. Most of my time is spent in front of a PC screen. On top of all that I'm a Pakistani closet agnostic. I can see the interview not going too well.

But then again I am really desperate for a job at the moment as I'm saving up to start driving soon.

I was in the same boat as you but i still go it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending