The Student Room Group

Sports Direct

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MalteseMalteser
Nope, just commissioned based ones.

And how much were the karrimors you sold today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL god knows I wasn't even paying attention. Apparently I had to sell the socks with it to get commission. Oh yeah I sold a heelcup/insole (can't really remember).

Btw, what's the website that you go on for e-learning?
Original post by 9MmBulletz
LOL god knows I wasn't even paying attention. Apparently I had to sell the socks with it to get commission. Oh yeah I sold a heelcup/insole (can't really remember).

As long as they were above £39.99 (so the Tempos, the Tempo 2's, the Excels and the D30's) then you'll get 5% of the price. It's more like you only get the commission if your store meets the Karrimor sock target for the week - if it doesn't, then no commission for you. So it's always safer to sell a pair alongside it to know you did all you could in getting towards the target.

Heelcup = 50p
Insole = £1

and it's called NikeSKU (it's super easy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1982
Might make it a bit easier on the Sondico socks as well...because if you've got one, you should probably get the same brand to complete the set :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very good selling point there actually, especially for people who find it tough to sell.

I've never really been a selling type of person; I'm more of a customer satisfaction expert as opposed to the typical salesman stereotype, so it's a weird job for me to be honest

Although id always love to return back to a similar job to my first; a small-ish shop with about 10 staff members where you do a bit of everything, and just have a bit of a chat with the shoppers while you're serving them

Ahhh, simpler times...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
Very good selling point there actually, especially for people who find it tough to sell.

I've never really been a selling type of person; I'm more of a customer satisfaction expert as opposed to the typical salesman stereotype, so it's a weird job for me to be honest

Although id always love to return back to a similar job to my first; a small-ish shop with about 10 staff members where you do a bit of everything, and just have a bit of a chat with the shoppers while you're serving them

Ahhh, simpler times...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh it's not that weird, I'm exactly the same (but obviously, we detract from the satisfaction part because we HAVE to sell KPIs) :rolleyes: I even got a commendation email from Head Office from a customer for great customer service back in Summer last year (satisfaction to 100% obviously :wink:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
The cut-off date for pay this month was last Sunday and I only started on Tuesday. Gonna have to wait 7 weeks to get paid :frown:

As long as they were above £39.99 (so the Tempos, the Tempo 2's, the Excels and the D30's) then you'll get 5% of the price. It's more like you only get the commission if your store meets the Karrimor sock target for the week - if it doesn't, then no commission for you. So it's always safer to sell a pair alongside it to know you did all you could in getting towards the target.

Heelcup = 50p
Insole = £1

and it's called NikeSKU (it's super easy)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nike SKU is for training on all Nike products but there's a new sports direct e-learning website which has like all the induction info and kpi stuff ... I'm on my dinner at the minute but when I get back to the shop I'll try and find it if that's the one you meant
Original post by MissLightyear
Nike SKU is for training on all Nike products but there's a new sports direct e-learning website which has like all the induction info and kpi stuff ... I'm on my dinner at the minute but when I get back to the shop I'll try and find it if that's the one you meant

Oooh right thanks for the heads up on that! must be new then because I've never heard of it during my time there (or since I've been at uni) :smile:
Reply 1987
This is going to sound really dumb but I have a problem with using stepladders... I never like the idea of climbing up them and stuff, would it sound bad if I asked someone to go through it with me or do you reckon I should just learn myself
Original post by Hicko
This is going to sound really dumb but I have a problem with using stepladders... I never like the idea of climbing up them and stuff, would it sound bad if I asked someone to go through it with me or do you reckon I should just learn myself

There's really no way around this because using stepladders is easy, apart from the fact that some of them are heavy.

I also didn't like using stepladders - I'm just afraid of heights. However the more I used them myself and just got on with the job, learning to get used to it, the more it was fine for me. I can't really see how it's difficult climbing up them though, unless you have a problem climbing down them with a shoebox in your hand? in which case it's just a matter of remembering the three points of contact.
Oooh right thanks for the heads up on that! must be new then because I've never heard of it during my time there (or since I've been at uni) :smile:

Yeah it's quite a new thing, came from the Christmas meeting. I forgot to check when I got back in but if I remember tomorrow I'll try to get some more details.

As far as I know it's for new starters with all the induction info and training guides but it can help refresh existing staff of they want to use it. I know my manager wants every member of staff to use it no matter how long they've been there
Reply 1990
hi guys,

i just got a job in sports directs on my induction my manager told us that i have to complete an online training/e-learning on www.lauchlearn.co.uk but this website dosen't open. dose anybody know the correct website. please help me with this.
thank you
I used to be really uncomfortable with heights, like really afraid when I started out - 3 years later and I'm now completely at ease (I can often be seen practically running up ladders xD) with them - to the point that in the past I have had to climb to the top of stockroom shelves because I couldn't get up there with a ladder (seriously, the shoes were like, way past the ceiling light in the stockroom) and I've actually given indoor rock climbing a go recently. I had no-one else to help me and get stuff down for me and I am useless with a hook for anything on the top 2 shelf levels in my store because I am so short - knocking stuff down is another matter :wink:, so I just had to get on with it and I am so glad that that has been the case.
I hope I don't get put in the stockroom anytime soon, especially as Christmas is approaching- going to be a nightmare
I hope I don't get put in the stockroom anytime soon, especially as Christmas is approaching- going to be a nightmare

As you've only just started I think it's highly unlikely - they'll need experienced people who are quick and know where everything is off the tops of their heads to be in the stockroom

(sorry, put it was extremely likely before - must've forgotten the "un" before it)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Nah they'll only get experienced members of staff in there..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rida_890
hi guys,

i just got a job in sports directs on my induction my manager told us that i have to complete an online training/e-learning on www.lauchlearn.co.uk but this website dosen't open. dose anybody know the correct website. please help me with this.
thank you

it's launchandlearn.co.uk :smile:

and it's really easy, common sense really :smile:
Yeah it's quite a new thing, came from the Christmas meeting. I forgot to check when I got back in but if I remember tomorrow I'll try to get some more details.

As far as I know it's for new starters with all the induction info and training guides but it can help refresh existing staff of they want to use it. I know my manager wants every member of staff to use it no matter how long they've been there

Yeah I've just had a text from my manager saying exactly the same thing. I've just done the first module which I thought was pretty easy.

launchandlearn.co,uk :smile:
Yeah I've just had a text from my manager saying exactly the same thing. I've just done the first module which I thought was pretty easy.

launchandlearn.co,uk :smile:

couldnt find the email with it on in work, i dont really know much about it just that it needs to be done. Weve not been given any info like nikeSKU im just going off whats come up in conversation with my manager, how do you get on it? is it payroll number again?
couldnt find the email with it on in work, i dont really know much about it just that it needs to be done. Weve not been given any info like nikeSKU im just going off whats come up in conversation with my manager, how do you get on it? is it payroll number again?

There's two modules on it that need to be completed (I was told) by Sunday at 5pm.

To get on it, it's [email protected] and then the password is again your payroll number

edited the post as originally I could have posted someone's actual log in details so just to be on the safe side... :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
it's launchandlearn.co.uk :smile:

and it's really easy, common sense really :smile:

Haven't heard of this :/
My manager never told me anything about it when I was in on Saturday, nor have I had a text/call about it..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending