The Student Room Group

How to glide through A-Levels with minimal effort?

I am going to be honest, I got amazing grades in GCSE's for the amount of effort I put in. The day before each exam, I just watched a Primrose Kitten video and memorised it all with my fairly good short term memory and managed to ace the tests. I got a 9 in maths, two 8's and a 7 for the sciences. Let me be clear... I do not deserve these grades, people were revising heavily every day since Christmas and I managed to do better than them because of Primrose Kitten. I am now in a position where I have taken Maths, Biology and Chemistry for my A-Levels and I am struggling, not doing very well at all, getting E's.
The reason why I didn't revise much for GCSE's is because watching a video was all I really needed, and that is how I liked it.. writing down notes and summarising everything in one go. However now, there are no summary videos for the A Level subjects and everything online to revise isn't working for me. To summarise, I am looking for a source to revise like I did during GCSE's with minimal effort basically, because when I do spend hours sitting down going through the books and online tests, it just doesn't work for me. Could someone please give me a way of revising effectively and efficiently. What do you use the revision, text books, certain websites, etc....
Hopefully people put good suggestions in here and other people can also find effective ways of revising for A Levels, thank you!
(edited 4 years ago)
Isn't there a revision guide? Or maybe watch videos on topics you're confused about? Of the subjects you took, I did chemistry and math, and for those you will have to put extra work because you really need to understand the logic behind it. You can't just study by reading and watching, you have to do questions again and again. I guess minimal effort means study a little every day, but make sure it's efficient and effective.
The amount of content at A level is simply too great to crammed in close to the exam. I would recommend regularly consilidating what you've learnt in your lessons through out the whole course, ensuring that you fully understand it at that point in time. When you come to revise it later on, you will be able to get through it much more quickly. Tailored tutors I hear is a good resource for Maths, Biology and Chemistry but it's quite expensive. Good luck!
That won’t work for a levels! Lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending