The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Hertfordshire accommodation?

Hi! I'm going to be studying 2D Animation at Hertfordshire this September and since I'm living away from home.. I was wondering if anyone knows how good/bad the dorms and the student life are there realistically? I'm a student with autism, so parties are not really an ideal, but making friends seems kinda fun, so I could try! Is there any advice you could give for the animation course as well if you have experience/are applying too? Thanks!
My parents work there and the one thing the commend the most is the dorms- even my dad who is 100% no bs kinda person. It's a very good place to access other areas too with a train service to London nr by and UNO buses that will take you to local towns. One thing I'll say is maybe it's a personal grudge but forum food is disgusting (especially the sweet potato chips, stay clear of them!)
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Hello! I am a second-year student in UH and I have lived in the dorms (De Hav because it's convenient to my classes) for all of my uni life. I have friends that stay off-campus and let me just say that I really appreciate the dorms for the little things - like not worrying about WiFi or electric bills. I have to say though, that while I was there people partying were really common especially if you live near the bus stops on De Hav. College Lane dorms, in my opinion, are quieter and the rooms are more modern. I hope you have a great time at The University of Hertfordshire and all the best!
Im a first year and im staying on campus again next year so obviously i think the housing is pretty good. If looking for quite halls you could email and ask someone if thats something they do specifically cause i know some unis do but ive only very rarely been kept awake because of noise.
Original post by Cj000123
Hello! I am a second-year student in UH and I have lived in the dorms (De Hav because it's convenient to my classes) for all of my uni life. I have friends that stay off-campus and let me just say that I really appreciate the dorms for the little things - like not worrying about WiFi or electric bills. I have to say though, that while I was there people partying were really common especially if you live near the bus stops on De Hav. College Lane dorms, in my opinion, are quieter and the rooms are more modern. I hope you have a great time at The University of Hertfordshire and all the best!

Hi! :smile: I'm starting BEd Primary Education at Hertfordshire in September and I have just sent in my accommodation application, putting De Hav as my first choice (because my course is taught on that campus) What is it like? It is a bit limited in comparison to College Lane. There are a lot more facilities on College Lane and the accommodation on College Lane is nicer. It has TVs and Sofas, De Hav just has a kitchen with a table and stools! So did you enjoy your first year and do you regret choosing that campus? Hoping the answer is no :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Abby-Rose
Hi! :smile: I'm starting BEd Primary Education at Hertfordshire in September and I have just sent in my accommodation application, putting De Hav as my first choice (because my course is taught on that campus) What is it like? It is a bit limited in comparison to College Lane. There are a lot more facilities on College Lane and the accommodation on College Lane is nicer. It has TVs and Sofas, De Hav just has a kitchen with a table and stools! So did you enjoy your first year and do you regret choosing that campus? Hoping the answer is no :biggrin:

Hi Abby! I really loved my first year on De Hav and I don't regret it at all. I met such incredible people that to this day I still consider them my best friends. I think that it's a lot easier to access the library (they call it the LRC which is 24/7) in De Hav than it is in College Lane because it's a lot closer and you don't have to climb a hill to get there. Services wise it's inevitable that you'd have to go on to the College Lane Campus but that's alright since there's a shuttle bus (although not very reliable) that will get you there or you could walk which takes me 15 minutes - though do be careful at night! I also think it's easier to get to Aldi, Wetherspoons, and the Galleria if you're living on De Hav than it is on College Lane. Additionally, College Lane suites do have like a proper living room, but personally I think that having a game night around the kitchen table is also a fun way to bond with your flatmates (but not too much fun because if you're too loud someone might call the RA on you lol). Anyways, it's just a different vibe and it's how you make the most of the situation you're in. If you have any more questions don't hesitate, just ask away!
Original post by Cj000123
Hi Abby! I really loved my first year on De Hav and I don't regret it at all. I met such incredible people that to this day I still consider them my best friends. I think that it's a lot easier to access the library (they call it the LRC which is 24/7) in De Hav than it is in College Lane because it's a lot closer and you don't have to climb a hill to get there. Services wise it's inevitable that you'd have to go on to the College Lane Campus but that's alright since there's a shuttle bus (although not very reliable) that will get you there or you could walk which takes me 15 minutes - though do be careful at night! I also think it's easier to get to Aldi, Wetherspoons, and the Galleria if you're living on De Hav than it is on College Lane. Additionally, College Lane suites do have like a proper living room, but personally I think that having a game night around the kitchen table is also a fun way to bond with your flatmates (but not too much fun because if you're too loud someone might call the RA on you lol). Anyways, it's just a different vibe and it's how you make the most of the situation you're in. If you have any more questions don't hesitate, just ask away!

What course are you studying at Herts? I'm going to be going into my first year in SEPT 2020 and I'll be studying English lit so may see you round de hav campus :smile:
Original post by Abby-Rose

I'm going to be going into my first year in SEPT 2020 and I'll be studying English lit so may see you round de hav campus :smile:
Hey there a discord i dont know if you are in or not
Original post by antonio4309
Hey there a discord i dont know if you are in or not

What’s the discord name? Is it for accommodation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending