The Student Room Group

Glorifying Iran - Idiots on the move

Hi there!

Now, I'm wondering what drives all this pro-Iran ******** that goes around these days. That it's their sacred right to have nukes, that the West has no right to stop them, etc.

Why would anyone with any traces of common sense (ie no Qu'ran thumpers) actually buy into that ******** and actively work against their own people (with this, I mean our lovely Western apologists)? This is Iran. A bloody theocrazy ruled by religious nutjobs. They treat their women like cattle and is in general not exactly a predictable country.

Please tell me why.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What religion are you paxdax?

as for

what drives all this pro-Iran ******** that goes around these days. That it's their sacred right to have nukes, that the West has no right to stop them, etc.

Why would anyone with any traces of common sense (ie no Qu'ran thumpers) actually buy into that ******** and actively work against their own people (with this, I mean our lovely Western apologists)?

I don't know why, because I don't know what you're asking!, wll at least don't understand.
Paxdax
Hi there!

Now, I'm wondering what drives all this pro-Iran ******** that goes around these days. That it's their sacred right to have nukes, that the West has no right to stop them, etc.

Why would anyone with any traces of common sense (ie no Qu'ran thumpers) actually buy into that ******** and actively work against their own people (with this, I mean our lovely Western apologists)? This is Iran. A bloody theocrazy ruled by religious nutjobs. They treat their women like cattle and is in general not exactly a predictable country.

Please tell me why.

You mean people like Tony Blair and NuLab? Or George Bush and the Republican party?
Some Westerners treat their women as cattle tooooo.
Reply 4
Because some people really are just idiots. They close their eyes, put their fingers in their ears and chant over and over about "rights" ignoring all evidence. Generally the same people who defend suicide bombers, saddam hussein etc.
Reply 5
religious nutjobs- republican party? Have you ever been to iran? Researched Iran or looked into the country in depth. Can you tell me anything about their political setup and system in place? How are their women treated (other than the obvious they have to wear the headscarf) No, i thought not. On another point, I find it hypocrytical for one country with a large nuclear arsenal (e.g. USA who have used theres for indiscriminant killing) to stop another country from creating one which will always be feeble compared to their own.
Reply 6
Bateman
I'm going to just watch this thread and not take part in it.

People can't have a proper debate and result to offensive comments and neg repping.

ok maybe one thing :p:

They treat their women right, rape rates, and abuse are very low in iran.
Yes, they have to wear a headscarf, but they're all muslims anyway.
Reply 7
Bateman
ok maybe one thing :p:

They treat their women right, rape rates, and abuse are very low in iran.
Yes, they have to wear a headscarf, but they're all muslims anyway.

Probably because no one dares report it for fear of being stoned/hanged/imprisoned/mutilated/"honour" killed etc etc etc
Reply 8
Thud
Probably because no one dares report it for fear of being stoned.

lol.
no it's because the rapist will die before he goes to jail to get raped lol.

(thanks by the way, i do appreciate it)
Reply 9
Paxdax
Hi there!

Please tell me why.

Women in Iran have many more rights then women in Saudi Arabia.

The difference between the two is one is in an alliance with Russia and China and the other is americas bitch boy. I think you will find very few westerners in power want Iran to get nukes - the argument is simply how to go about showing our displeasure. The American-Israeli way of "hey we're going to kick your ass with our massive airforces" or the European method of "hey we're going to **** your economy up real good bro".

Whats your point about Iran being ran by religious nutjobs? I've seen enough of the American evangenical right to be a lot more scared of Americans then Iranians. You seem to think Iran is some screwed up middle eastern country. It isn't - it has a limited form of democracy and much greater rights for its citizens who have a great cultural heritage as the former Persian empire. Iran just happens to be ran by a tool at the moment - who isn't even that bad. I heard about Gordon Brown saying tough words to the Israel parliament about Irans president saying he'd wipe israel off the map. The irony here is that the Iranian president didn't even say this and Gordon brown was lying through his teeth.

It's saudi arabia that should be watched. Their brand of Islam gave the world Osama - 9/11 - it was also the same brand which inspired the 7/7 bombers and the consequent deaths in London and the Madrid bombings. Saudi Arabia is the worlds idealogical centre of terrorism - right up there with Pakistan.
Reply 10
RyanT

Great they're slightly better off than in the worst country in the world for women's rights. What a magnificent achievement. :rolleyes:
Is it just me or is the term "Qu'ran thumper" extremly offensive.
Maybe ive interpreted wrong, but if you're trying to get a valid point across why be so rude?
Reply 12
Thud
Great they're slightly better off than in the worst country in the world for women's rights. What a magnificent achievement. :rolleyes:

iranian women in iran have a better quality of life than westerners maybe not standard of living but they don't mind , unless you've lived in iran you can't prove me wrong.

think about it, rape levels are high, abuse is rife, prostitution is legal in some areas etc
all they have to do is wear a headscarf which is almost a fashion statement, and they ca't commit adultery, "they have it bad1!"
Reply 13
I don't think there are many people who seriously defend Iran as a shining example of good government and freedom, but there are plenty of us who believe that US motives have little or nothing to do with that and that any kind of action against Iran would be utterly catastrophic. Furthermore, their nuclear programme does not currently represent a serious threat to anybody. We do need to continue pressuring Iran to allow more independent access to their facilities, but this is not the time for hot-headed anti-Iran radicalism.
Reply 14
Ethelred the Unready
Some Westerners treat their women as cattle tooooo.

Evidence?
Reply 15
Bateman
iranian women in iran have a better quality of life than westerners, unless you've lived in iran you can't prove me wrong.

I bet they do. :rolleyes:

I spent this morning lying in my garden wearing a bikini, getting a lovely tan, drinking a can of strongbow and reading a book.

How dare you say the women of iran have a better quality of life.

The book (crime and punishment by Dostoyevsky) made a less than shining reference to Mohammed so would likely be banned in Iran.
RyanT

The difference between the two is one is in an alliance with Russia and China and the other is americas bitch boy. I think you will find very few westerners in power want Iran to get nukes - the argument is simply how to go about showing our displeasure. The American-Israeli way of "hey we're going to kick your ass with our massive airforces" or the European method of "hey we're going to **** your economy up real good bro".

Whats your point about Iran being ran by religious nutjobs? I've seen enough of the American evangenical right to be a lot more scared of Americans then Iranians. You seem to think Iran is some screwed up middle eastern country. It isn't - it has a limited form of democracy and much greater rights for its citizens who have a great cultural heritage as the former Persian empire. Iran just happens to be ran by a tool at the moment - who isn't even that bad. I heard about Gordon Brown saying tough words to the Israel parliament about Irans president saying he'd wipe israel off the map. The irony here is that the Iranian president didn't even say this and Gordon brown was lying through his teeth.

I'm not trying to get at you here..but how do you know who said..who didn't say what.
I find your post highly offensive.
I by no means support the present government in Iran, but if you ever went there you would see that women are not treated like "cattle" as you so finely put it. Women there actually take the hijab to a whole new level and generally take the piss anyway. Women are able to go to university and aren't stopped at all, so how are they treated like cattle? Infact, this is shown in this article http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5359672.stm
You should go to Iran and see what it's really like before you say such crap with little evidence.
Reply 18
darkeneddreams
I'm not trying to get at you here..but how do you know who said..who didn't say what.

because they filmed the speach?
that helps, just a little, no?
Reply 19
Thud
I bet they do. :rolleyes:

I spent this morning lying in my garden wearing a bikini, getting a lovely tan, drinking a can of strongbow and reading a book.

How dare you say the women of iran have a better quality of life.

The book (crime and punishment by Dostoyevsky) made a less than shining reference to Mohammed so would likely be banned in Iran.

yes the book, what's the word i'm looking for?
how bout the film perspolis or without my daugther.

What do they all have in common.

You went in your garden with your bikini, got perved at, got drunk what a lovely day you had - they're muslims.... they don't want to do that.

Latest

Trending

Trending