The Student Room Group

Afterschool

I’m in year 12 doing my a levels and the work load is a lot
For some reason I feel completely exhausted once I reach home and I end up doing nothing which I think is a waste of time but I literally have no energy
I go to the gym and then get home at 5-5:30 ish
And after that I just feel so tired
How do u guys get work done after school
What are your routines
I'm in a similar position and I think the key is only doing work in the evenings that is either super quick and easy to do or work you really enjoy and engage with. If you can't find either of those things then an early night is usually best, sleeping will make you feel a lot better and you can always wake up early and do work then with a fresh mind. I always use 8am-9am to do a bit of study if the mornings before lessons and it makes up for what I couldn't feel motivated/focused enough to do the night before :smile:
Hey! I’m now in year 13 and I highly recommend the rule of 8. 8 hours of sleep, 8 hours doing what you want and 8 hours of work. 8 hours of work includes the time you spend at school, but does not include any time spent not working or lunch etc. Then any revision you do after school. Then 8 hours doing what you want includes free time but also travelling between school at stuff. Then 8 hours sleep is self explanatory. I usually work from 4:45-6 then have tea 6-6:30 then work 6:30-9. I timetable each hour and what I’m doing when. That’s what I use the 15 minutes between 4:45-5 for. In the timetable, I put exact tasks that I have to get done. I plan normally 2 days in advance and leave gaps for any homework I might be given, but fill them with revision if I’m not given any. Hope this helps x
Thank you for the help
It’s hard to put it in practice when you’re exhausted and if there’s homework that takes longer than usual :frown:
Yeah of course. And some days it just doesn’t work out. But having a general structure I find helps. So I timetable by hours and if something runs over or under, or I eat lunch at a different time? Oh well. You just have to be flexible
school can be very draining, it's understandable- i don't do work as soon as i get straight home as i need to rest a bit physically and mentally for a bit; perhaps try doing that if you haven't already. if you struggle to do work at home, try to use your frees at school to get as much work done as you can so the workload's less at home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending