The Student Room Group

Do tomatoes really lighten facial hair?

Hi,
I read somewhere that tomato when rubbed on face for 5 minutes and done regularly lightens facial hair. Has anyone tried it? If so, how long until you saw the results?
I haven't heard of that.
I suspect it is a myth.
Reply 2
Original post by Karisa96
I haven't heard of that.
I suspect it is a myth.

Really? I saw it on google....
Reply 3
Oh right but I saw it on google. Nahhh I’m not shaving it cos then I will cause dark circles around the area 😂
Reply 4
Okkkkkk :smile:
I've heard this said about lemon juice but never tomatoes.
Have you tried Jolen Crème Bleach?
Reply 6
Original post by londonmyst
I've heard this said about lemon juice but never tomatoes.
Have you tried Jolen Crème Bleach?

Yep I’ve tried jolen but I can’t do that more than twice a month it says on the box so I have to find other ways. I’ve hear about lemon juice too, do you just put it on ur face? :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Yep I’ve tried jolen but I can’t do that more than twice a month it says on the box so I have to find other ways. I’ve hear about lemon juice too, do you just put it on ur face? :smile:

Yes, put lemon juice on your face and wipe off with warm water.
There are also recommended lemon juice hair removal combinations that involve honey or sugar but they are quite time consuming.
If you are interested in trying some of them out, just google "lemon juice facial hair removal" or have a look at the youtube videos.

If you increase the concentration of the cream bleach and leave it on for 45 mins, it can last up to 12 weeks.
I redo mine every 6-7 weeks out of habit.
Really? I saw it on google....

Google is a myth too lol
Reply 9
Yes, put lemon juice on your face and wipe off with warm water.
There are also recommended lemon juice hair removal combinations that involve honey or sugar but they are quite time consuming.
If you are interested in trying some of them out, just google "lemon juice facial hair removal" or have a look at the youtube videos.

If you increase the concentration of the cream bleach and leave it on for 45 mins, it can last up to 12 weeks.
I redo mine every 6-7 weeks out of habit.

Ok thank you!
Really!? It can last up to 12 weeks mine barely lasts 2 weeks lol. What do you mean by increasing the concentration? 🙂
Ok thank you!
Really!? It can last up to 12 weeks mine barely lasts 2 weeks lol. What do you mean by increasing the concentration? 🙂

More powder to cream.
There is also a stronger creme bleach product sold by Sally Hansen Extra Strength:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sally-Hansen-Creme-Bleach-Strength/dp/B0090IFLG6?th=1
More powder to cream.
There is also a stronger creme bleach product sold by Sally Hansen Extra Strength:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sally-Hansen-Creme-Bleach-Strength/dp/B0090IFLG6?th=1

Ok thank you! Does the higher concentration sting more in your opinion because it’s stronger and you have to put it on for longer ?
Ok thank you! Does the higher concentration sting more in your opinion because it’s stronger and you have to put it on for longer ?

It does sting a little bit more but the skin gets used to it quite quickly.
A few of my exfoliating skincare products are a lot more hassle.
It does sting a little bit more but the skin gets used to it quite quickly.
A few of my exfoliating skincare products are a lot more hassle.

Ok thank you so much I will definitely try it!
How much acid you’ve been taking?
Original post by RealLifeJoker
How much acid you’ve been taking?

What?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending