The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I tried to but was rejected by some of the traditional universities on my UCAS application (UCL being the main one that I tried to transfer to from Chichester Uni; granted it's not an ex-poly (ex institute of higher education) but wanted to share my experience)
tigermoth99
I tried to but was rejected by some of the traditional universities on my UCAS application (UCL being the main one that I tried to transfer to from Chichester Uni; granted it's not an ex-poly (ex institute of higher education) but wanted to share my experience)
Well, that's quite a jump as UCL is very highly ranked, but if you don't try...

What do you mean about it being the main one? The one you most wanted to go to? How were your grades?
do you guys think i would transfer from glasgow university to like e.g. LSE(or any other top london unis) after like 2 years of doing economics at glasgow with really good grades ?
Reply 43
tolgahan09
do you guys think i would transfer from glasgow university to like e.g. LSE(or any other top london unis) after like 2 years of doing economics at glasgow with really good grades ?

You can probably rule out LSE: link
It's technically possible, but extremely unlikely, and even then you'd lose a year because they wouldn't allow you to transfer into the final year of the course.
jismith1989
Well, that's quite a jump as UCL is very highly ranked, but if you don't try...

What do you mean about it being the main one? The one you most wanted to go to? How were your grades?

The one you most wanted to go to?

Indeed. My grades were good but I left it too late to prepare an effective UCAS application.
How about from Keele to a redbrick uni? This is for maths btw. ABC at A level.
Reply 46
Its possible depending on the uni. I transferred from an ex-poly to a redbrick.
Think transferring comes down to your grades for A-level and first year; whether they've got any places and the reason for transferring.

I'd imagine unis have got wind VERY quickly of anyone changing or should be 'upgrading' for prestige reasons...
hobnob
You can probably rule out LSE: link
It's technically possible, but extremely unlikely, and even then you'd lose a year because they wouldn't allow you to transfer into the final year of the course.

if i stay at glasgow i will do 4 years, if it is possible to transfer to lse and start from second year i will again do 4 year in total with including years in glasgow. id rather get a degree from lse then glasgow.
Reply 49
tolgahan09
if i stay at glasgow i will do 4 years, if it is possible to transfer to lse and start from second year i will again do 4 year in total with including years in glasgow. id rather get a degree from lse then glasgow.

Go ahead and try it, then.:dontknow: Judging by that website, they don't sound terribly keen on transfer students, though, so I wouldn't put all my hopes on it if I were you...
Reply 50
what about the other way round from trad to expoly uni, thats what i wanna do:woo:

Yeah top Uni are overly exaggerated

Latest

Trending

Trending