The Student Room Group

One Tree Hill Society

Scroll to see replies

**CutiePie**
Ooo, awsome! What breed etc are they? We have alot of stuff in common which is quite good :biggrin:

I've got 6, they're my babies too! I'm going to cry so much when I leave them to go to uni, but i'll be home every weekend to see them:p: hehe! I wont cry because i'm leaving anyone else, just them:yep:

Aww 3 weeks old! Awsome, I started when I was about 6-ish and definatly haven't looked back since! :P

Well both of them are fairly new to me - Ive had Maisie for 6 years and Basil for 2 years.

Maisie is an all Black Irish X Mare. She is my darling and is 10 years old and stands 16hh. I absolutely adore her and she is perfect. I take her riding in the fields most days and she has won dressage and showjumping in the past. She doesn't complete anymore due to a knee injury.

Basil is a dapple grey Warmblood gelding. He is 6 years old and is a right little ****. Used to belong to my friend who couldnt take care of him properly so I took him on. He can be really nasty, hates hacking out alone - still working on him though. Hope to get him into jumping soon.

I got my first horse when I was 6 - called Polly and she died two years ago when I was 18 and just before I moved to Uni. I was and still am distraught about that. I though I would be riding her for years to come.
princess_sue
Well both of them are fairly new to me - Ive had Maisie for 6 years and Basil for 2 years.

Maisie is an all Black Irish X Mare. She is my darling and is 10 years old and stands 16hh. I absolutely adore her and she is perfect. I take her riding in the fields most days and she has won dressage and showjumping in the past. She doesn't complete anymore due to a knee injury.

Basil is a dapple grey Warmblood gelding. He is 6 years old and is a right little ****. Used to belong to my friend who couldnt take care of him properly so I took him on. He can be really nasty, hates hacking out alone - still working on him though. Hope to get him into jumping soon.

I got my first horse when I was 6 - called Polly and she died two years ago when I was 18 and just before I moved to Uni. I was and still am distraught about that. I though I would be riding her for years to come.

Aww; Dappled Grey, I may have to come and steal him! :p:
Whats he like to ride?

I know how you feel, dad lost his horse Bertie 2/3 years back, it was horrible. I found him in the morning, i'll never forget it.

My main two that I compete and ride most days are sara; ive had her since I was 7, she's my little girl =] She's only 12.2hh so I just compete for fun on her now more than serious stuff.
Dougie, Ive only had him 2 years, he's a bit of a **** too, he's not exactly easy to ride and to get him going nice he needs alot of working in but is an awsome dressage pony once he gets concentrating:rolleyes: (men huh). He's 14.3hh :biggrin:

Then the others are called Scampy (a lil minature shetland.. have him please:p: ), Jelly, Amy and Ceaser. :biggrin:

Yours sound really nice! Do you compete alot?
**CutiePie**
Aww; Dappled Grey, I may have to come and steal him! :p:
Whats he like to ride?

I know how you feel, dad lost his horse Bertie 2/3 years back, it was horrible. I found him in the morning, i'll never forget it.

My main two that I compete and ride most days are sara; ive had her since I was 7, she's my little girl =] She's only 12.2hh so I just compete for fun on her now more than serious stuff.
Dougie, Ive only had him 2 years, he's a bit of a **** too, he's not exactly easy to ride and to get him going nice he needs alot of working in but is an awsome dressage pony once he gets concentrating:rolleyes: (men huh). He's 14.3hh :biggrin:

Then the others are called Scampy (a lil minature shetland.. have him please:p: ), Jelly, Amy and Ceaser. :biggrin:

Yours sound really nice! Do you compete alot?

I know what it feels like, when I found Polly in our stable I collapsed because I was in that much shock.

Basil is a nightmare to ride, not long ago he threw me off whilst riding threw the woods and I hurt my ribs because I landed on a tree, the little ****. He is good when he concentrates but I think if he doesn't improve quite a bit soon he will have to go to a school to be properly trained up because I often feel like I am neglecting Maisie. Basil usually gets about 2 hours of my time a day where Maisie may get under an hour and it's not fair on her because she needs the exercise.

No I don't compete anymore. Used to do showjump on Polly quite a lot but since since she died I haven't wanted to compete. I used to do dressage on the horse I gave up so haven't done that since.
And I'm very busy with my job at the moment so haven't really go the time.

Maybe one day again...who knows.
princess_sue
I know what it feels like, when I found Polly in our stable I collapsed because I was in that much shock.

Basil is a nightmare to ride, not long ago he threw me off whilst riding threw the woods and I hurt my ribs because I landed on a tree, the little ****. He is good when he concentrates but I think if he doesn't improve quite a bit soon he will have to go to a school to be properly trained up because I often feel like I am neglecting Maisie. Basil usually gets about 2 hours of my time a day where Maisie may get under an hour and it's not fair on her because she needs the exercise.

No I don't compete anymore. Used to do showjump on Polly quite a lot but since since she died I haven't wanted to compete. I used to do dressage on the horse I gave up so haven't done that since.
And I'm very busy with my job at the moment so haven't really go the time.

Maybe one day again...who knows.

Yeah, thats understandable, dad hasn't ridden since Bertie died and said he doesn't think he will.

Aww, he sounds like a tough one :p: Im sure he keeps you on your toes hehe!

:hugs: I don't think you ever get over it, it just gets more bearable as the days go on, but you know, there's always that empty stable, I hate it because another horse is in that stable now. dad said he'd rather it was used as Bertie would have wanted that, but.. :frown:
**CutiePie**
Yeah, thats understandable, dad hasn't ridden since Bertie died and said he doesn't think he will.

Aww, he sounds like a tough one :p: Im sure he keeps you on your toes hehe!

:hugs: I don't think you ever get over it, it just gets more bearable as the days go on, but you know, there's always that empty stable, I hate it because another horse is in that stable now. dad said he'd rather it was used as Bertie would have wanted that, but.. :frown:

Yeah, I know how it feels. When I took on Basil we stabled him in Pollys stable which wasn't nice at all but now I live away from home my mum & dad have knocked the stables down and we just have a nice plot of flowers and a small plaque for Poll. Bless her. Maisie and Basil are now stabled on a local farm but when I buy a bigger house hopefully I will build a full livery yard and make some moolah!! lol

I think we have over taken the OTH thread :o: :o: lol
princess_sue
Yeah, I know how it feels. When I took on Basil we stabled him in Pollys stable which wasn't nice at all but now I live away from home my mum & dad have knocked the stables down and we just have a nice plot of flowers and a small plaque for Poll. Bless her. Maisie and Basil are now stabled on a local farm but when I buy a bigger house hopefully I will build a full livery yard and make some moolah!! lol

I think we have over taken the OTH thread :o: :o: lol

Aww, dad's buying a plaque and putting it on Berties old stable wall.
:frown:

Lol yeah, once we're making money! Im planning on taking over dads livery yard once I'm a Journalist and writting for H+H! :yep:

Oo, maybe we have .. ahh well!
The more posts it has the cooler we look. :yep:
So keep going!!
Lol, we are cool. We just don't need to try :p:
Very cool :biggrin:
^^
Awesome sig.
Ive nicked the piccy-ture :ninja:
lozz2601
^^
Awesome sig.

My very favourite episode was that one with the Peyton voice over. Luuurrrve it and the quote has really helped me through a few tough times
Reply 1392
The all you need is one quote is actually legendary :yep:
oooh I also very much love that sig!

Dum dee doo...hoping to get some OTH box sets tomorrow! :biggrin:
boatsgoplaces
oooh I also very much love that sig!

Dum dee doo...hoping to get some OTH box sets tomorrow! :biggrin:

That's all Ive asked for :ninja:
Grrrrr so far none! This isn't looking good. :frown:

Although I did get that Wild Child DVD! :smile:
:ninja: I got season 1...and apparently the boy has got me some too! But i'm not getting his preezies till saturday! grr!
**CutiePie**
:ninja: I got season 1...and apparently the boy has got me some too! But i'm not getting his preezies till saturday! grr!

I got Season 1 too off my little sister!! :biggrin:
And I got season 2 & 3 off my fella. Very impressed :biggrin:

Is 5 out on DVD yet??? then I will have the set - woop

Merry Christmas All OTH fans as well :biggrin: :santa2: :holly: :candycane: :snowman2: :cracker: :snow: :merry:
princess_sue
I got Season 1 too off my little sister!! :biggrin:
And I got season 2 & 3 off my fella. Very impressed :biggrin:

Is 5 out on DVD yet??? then I will have the set - woop

Merry Christmas All OTH fans as well :biggrin: :santa2: :holly: :candycane: :snowman2: :cracker: :snow: :merry:

Oo, awsome! :biggrin:

Yup 5 is out; it's very expensive though, about £30, think I'm going to wait a little while to see if it goes down after christmas..

Merry Christmas to you too! :biggrin:
I want to marry Lucac Scott!

Quick Reply

Latest