The Student Room Group

Questions about Joint Honours (Japanese with... something)

Hey all,

I have an interview for Japanese Studies at Manchester Uni soon - assuming coronavirus doesn't mess that up for me, which I'm expecting it to at this point. But while Japanese is my priority, after giving more thought to my potential career path and skillset, I've been heavily considering combining it with Linguistics (it's the closest I can get to continuing with Communication Studies, which I did a foundation degree in). I also considered Business, but I find that subject PROFOUNDLY boring despite how beneficial it would be, and Spanish would be nice too but I'm unsure how well I'd be able to balance two languages, even if Spanish is a lot easier. Plus I didn't do any languages after my first year of high school, so I kinda doubt they'd let me switch to that anyway.

I was wondering if taking up Linguistics with Japanese would be more work - seeing as Japanese is already going to be very intensive - and I'm a bit unsure on how I'd go about doing all the optional modules. I'm not sure how many credits you're supposed to aim for per year, but I'm interested in quite a lot (not all) of the optional Japanese modules, and I'm not sure how much of each subject I'd be expected to do. Especially as there aren't really very many optional modules for Japanese, but there seem to be TONS for Linguistics, particularly in the final year.

Thanks in advance.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
'Ello lads.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending