The Student Room Group

Cyber Discovery - March 2020

Is anyone still doing the Cyber Discovery, it's due to finish in a little over a month.
It'd be cool to find someone at a similar level to me to talk over it :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RobbeD
Is anyone still doing the Cyber Discovery, it's due to finish in a little over a month.
It'd be cool to find someone at a similar level to me to talk over it :smile:

Are you only looking for people at a similar level to discuss? I'm a graduate in cyber if you've got general questions.
You might be a little bit above my level haha, but sure I'm down
Original post by RobbeD
You might be a little bit above my level haha, but sure I'm down

There's never a bad thing, if you're interested in Cyber and it's something you think you may pursue then having the chance to talk to current students and graduates can be useful. So I'm always happy to chat with people about Cyber, regardless of what level they're at
Yeah it sounds good, are you on Discord?
Original post by RobbeD
Yeah it sounds good, are you on Discord?

I'm afraid not, I try to limit my digital footprint on TSR where possible
Oh sure, I just figured it's a little clunky here
Nice to see you've got good opsec though :smile:
Original post by RobbeD
Oh sure, I just figured it's a little clunky here
Nice to see you've got good opsec though :smile:

It's precisely the reason I'm on my second account here on TSR, the old one was leaking too much info
No worries man, have you got any other suggestions on where to talk?
Original post by RobbeD
No worries man, have you got any other suggestions on where to talk?

Not outside TSR I'm afraid. I appreciate that it isn't the most convenient platform, but the flipside is that there's also a fairly small cyber presence on TSR to begin with so where possible I like to keep things here and public for others to benefit from.
That's cool mate, shall we go over to your other thread to keep things clean? :smile:
Original post by RobbeD
That's cool mate, shall we go over to your other thread to keep things clean? :smile:

I legit forgot I'd made that thread
How are people doing on Game? I'm rocking with 96% stuck on volcano 4.4
Original post by EwieBullmar1
How are people doing on Game? I'm rocking with 96% stuck on volcano 4.4

I'm getting ****ed, only on 37% :s-smilie:
Original post by RobbeD

In my defense, I've only spent my time in self isolation on it, but I have a month to get 60% on game and like 95% on essentials so I'm gonna have to grind
Original post by RobbeD

Keep going!! It's been extended till May 22nd, so you can do it!
Keep going!! It's been extended till May 22nd, so you can do it!

Oh has it? Phew that gives me a little bit more time.
Most of them I'm getting there with, only one or two I don't really get
Can you remember the one about the "Orion" browser? I assumed you needed an User Agent switched chrome extension but nothing works
Original post by RobbeD
Oh has it? Phew that gives me a little bit more time.
Most of them I'm getting there with, only one or two I don't really get
Can you remember the one about the "Orion" browser? I assumed you needed an User Agent switched chrome extension but nothing works

hehe, the Orion browser one. A lot of people don't like that challenge. Cyber Discovery tweeted about it - not too sure if you saw it?
I was try looking at the VM that they provide - you're along the right tracks
hehe, the Orion browser one. A lot of people don't like that challenge. Cyber Discovery tweeted about it - not too sure if you saw it?
I was try looking at the VM that they provide - you're along the right tracks

Well I'll give it a go.
Also just wondering about the moon base, one of the challenges is to connect to port "9990" via python, and it keeps on coming up with error messages no matter what I do, does this ring a bell or is it just something on my side?
Original post by RobbeD
Well I'll give it a go.
Also just wondering about the moon base, one of the challenges is to connect to port "9990" via python, and it keeps on coming up with error messages no matter what I do, does this ring a bell or is it just something on my side?

I would suggest copying your code, and then resetting the terminal. That normally works for me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending