The Student Room Group

The Tesco thread.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by m4ttypott3r
the Front desk is the Customer Service Desk. its normally sales of tobacco, lottery and refunds, complaints, visitor sign in.. all that jazz :smile: hope this helps.

ohh it does! thank you!
is it quite stressful on there do you know? i can imagine it gets pretty busy and unhappy/awkward customers? :s i don't know if i fancy it or not haha!
Original post by rachel214
ohh it does! thank you!
is it quite stressful on there do you know? i can imagine it gets pretty busy and unhappy/awkward customers? :s i don't know if i fancy it or not haha!

sometimes it can be a massive stress from start to finish.. other times it can be a smooth sail. Personally in my store it is usually the busiest on lottery and rollover nights.
Yes sometimes awkward and unhappy customers who want to make a point of holding up a queue while you sort their Clubcard points or overcharges.. or they're angry because the specific type of cigarette they want has sold out.
I've noticed that no day is really the same.. its a challenge but if you, like me, love a good challenge then id say put your name down for doing CSD Training.
if you want to know anything sort of in depth drop me a PM :smile:

Matt
I have an Interview on Monday morning for a Christmas temp, i have few questions.

Will it be a group interview?

What questions am i likey to get asked ?

If it is a group interview, will we be doing tasks?

Thanks
Reply 523
Hi, do tesco pay weekly, bi-weekly or monthly? I am getting very skint and I am need of money asap. Thanks.
Reply 524
Original post by Magini
Hi, do tesco pay weekly, bi-weekly or monthly? I am getting very skint and I am need of money asap. Thanks.

Every 4 weeks on friday.
Reply 525
Original post by AmIDoingItRight
I have an Interview on Monday morning for a Christmas temp, i have few questions.

Thanks

[*]Probably not.

[*]Questions which I can't actually detail because it is against TSR rules but they are regarding situations you've had to work as a part of a team and what good customer service means to you.

[*]Probably not.
Reply 526
Original post by No.666
Every 4 weeks on friday.

Thank you for the reply. :smile:
Original post by No.666
[*]Probably not.

[*]Questions which I can't actually detail because it is against TSR rules but they are regarding situations you've had to work as a part of a team and what good customer service means to you.

[*]Probably not.

Thanks
Reply 528
Hello

Ive had a job on the Meat Counter at Tesco and im wondering what would my duties be?

I got my induction tomorrow, my uniform on Tuesday and then Wednesday, thursday and friday is my training.

Thanks in advance
Reply 529

Thanks

good luck!

1) unlikely
2) tell me examples of where you have helped out a team, example of where you've been a good team player, example of how you've dealt with pressure. basically, think of any question to do with team
3) you may be asked to do a work sample (e.g. fill the shelf for half hour)

good luck!
Original post by mosmof
good luck!

1) unlikely
2) tell me examples of where you have helped out a team, example of where you've been a good team player, example of how you've dealt with pressure. basically, think of any question to do with team
3) you may be asked to do a work sample (e.g. fill the shelf for half hour)

good luck!

Thanks!!

Interview went ok could have been better, i didn't answer all the question is that going to let me down?

And

Do i get marked on how well the work sample went ?
how do i get a job here?
Reply 532
Thanks!!

Interview went ok could have been better, i didn't answer all the question is that going to let me down?

And

Do i get marked on how well the work sample went ?

thats ok! do you mean you didnt answer the questions your interviewer asked you? :confused:

yes, obviously you will!
the question is.. HOW FAST DID YOU EMPTY THAT CAGE?
Original post by destined1
how do i get a job here?

Look online Here or go in-store and fill out a application form.

Original post by mosmof
thats ok! do you mean you didnt answer the questions your interviewer asked you? :confused:

yes, obviously you will!
the question is.. HOW FAST DID YOU EMPTY THAT CAGE?

I think i it toke me about about 20 mins, but i had to print off the labels as-well.
Reply 534
basically i applied for grocery assistant but i got meat counter instead which i thought yeah thats fine but after a couple of days training/induction i dont seem to be too keen on the job. what do i do?
Reply 535
Original post by Relaxicat
Tesco is a capitalist monster that seeks only profit and ruins the ambience of the many small english villages which it unexplainably and desperately feels it must inundate and situate.

That will be all.

If people didn't voluntarily choose to shop there, the stores wouldn't remain open. The fact that Tesco offer a better and more convenient service than its rivals should offer no cause to chastise them.
Reply 536
how do you apply for tesco's job? something simple xmas for e.g.? seems that online applications only have managers and so on?!
Original post by Grudas
how do you apply for tesco's job? something simple xmas for e.g.? seems that online applications only have managers and so on?!

Download and fill out this

Hand it in to that store you want to work at.
Reply 538
Original post by Bax-man
If people didn't voluntarily choose to shop there, the stores wouldn't remain open. The fact that Tesco offer a better and more convenient service than its rivals should offer no cause to chastise them.

It's not voluntary once all local grocers etc are priced out/forced to close. People follow the cheapest deals.
Reply 539
Original post by Relaxicat
It's not voluntary once all local grocers etc are priced out/forced to close. People follow the cheapest deals.

Exactly, you said it yourself - people follow the cheapest deals. This means they look at the various options available to them in the area such and patron the one they believe gives them the best quality at the lowest price. If Tesco manage to do that, then why should you prevent them from doing so? If Tesco give consumers a better deal than current establishments, then why is that a bad thing? Yes, Tesco's rise makes people unemployed in the local corner shops sector, but the Polio vaccine made grave diggers unemployed because there were fewer deaths. That is not an argument against progress.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending