The Student Room Group

The Tesco thread.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
wen i went to my interview a couple of weeks ago it was really simple. just had to fill in health questionnaire, and then got asked a few questions, 'a time you have helped someone, a time you were dissapointed by something and how did you resolve, what makes a good team etc.'
that was for a GA vaccancy, thought I did ok, got a call bk yesterday and they've invited my bk for a team leader position :biggrin:
like other posts have said, i kept talking about customers and customer service where i felt it was appropriate and it clearly worked...
good luck.
I've got an interview on Tuesday at 8pm.
Reply 62
JamesUnited.
I've got an interview on Tuesday at 8pm.

For what + what store?
Ubiquitous
For what + what store?

General assistant/Checkout assistant.
Sale.
Reply 64
JamesUnited.
General assistant/Checkout assistant.
Sale.

Just remember to talk about how great of a customer focus you have and how you love working with customers and you'll do fine. Oh, and wear a suit. :smile:
Reply 65
was wondering if anyone could tell me what happens during training, what are the bronze, silver and gold levels? and do you get paid for it?
cheers.
Tesco annoyed me so much today really dont like working there anymore to cut a long story short I worked 17 mins unpaid.
Reply 67
madhattertom
Tesco annoyed me so much today really dont like working there anymore to cut a long story short I worked 17 mins unpaid.

Oh the trauma! :woo:
lou_lou87
was wondering if anyone could tell me what happens during training, what are the bronze, silver and gold levels? and do you get paid for it?
cheers.

The know your stuff ramework is split up into:

Bronze = Basic
Silver = Competent
Gold = Expert

Each level is split into "for everyone" and "for department". Naturally, everyone will undergo the "for everyone" training while everyone working in your department will undergo the "for department" training. The majority of your Bronze for Everyone training should be conducted at your induction.

The length of training will depend on your department and how you learn it (Tecso recognises that everyone learns differently and at different speeds and tries to accommodate this as much as possible). It will be very interactive and mostly carried out "on the job" (i.e. while you ae doing your job).

Does that help?

madhattertom

I rarely finish my shifts at Tesco on time and I don’t get paid for that extra time more frequently than I do (that doesn't include the breaks that I all too frequently do not take).
Reply 69
madhattertom

I work at least ten hours every week unpaid. Welcome to the real world!
Reply 70
I got the team leader job!!! *happy dance* thanks for all ur help guys.
lou_lou87

Congratulations
Reply 72
lou_lou87

That's great news, what department will you be on? Hopefully we will get the chance to work together some time! Please keep us up-to-date on proceedings at Gorton, it is a store I am very interested in. :smile:
I've got my interview tomorrow at 8pm (Very late for an interview :confused: )
Reply 74
Ubiquitous
That's great news, what department will you be on? Hopefully we will get the chance to work together some time! Please keep us up-to-date on proceedings at Gorton, it is a store I am very interested in. :smile:

I'll be working on the Deli and around that area, didnt get the choice but im not complaining. Got induction sat 9-6 :eek: and i start on monday :biggrin:
Will keep u posted...there also building another super 3 floor store in Oldham, dont no if u wanted to know or not..
I have an interview for part time tomorrow :O

Wish me luck!

Any tips?
ChocolateEyes

Wish me luck!

Any tips?

I've got one aswell :smile:
ChocolateEyes

Wish me luck!

Any tips?

JamesUnited.
I've got one aswell :smile:

Demonstrate that you are a team player, very customer focused and that you can treat everyone with respect. Also, WEAR A SUIT

JamesUnited.
I've got my interview tomorrow at 8pm (Very late for an interview :confused: )

Tesco is a 24/7 business - it is not unusual for interviews to happen late on in the evening.
Scotsman1988
Demonstrate that you are a team player, very customer focused and that you can treat everyone with respect. Also, WEAR A SUIT

Tesco is a 24/7 business - it is not unusual for interviews to happen late on in the evening.

I find wearing a suit for me at part time interviews isn't good.
Reply 79
JamesUnited.
I find wearing a suit for me at part time interviews isn't good.

So you don't really care about the job then? That's what I would be feeling if you walked into an interview with me wearing anything but a suit!

I've got my interview tomorrow at 8pm

It means that your manager is working the 1-10PM shift that day. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending