The Student Room Group

LLB Law with French law - Birmingham or Leeds?

I am stuck between Birmingham and Leeds for Law with French law. Which is better in terms of career prospects?
I was almost to firm Leeds, as I really enjoy the campus and the city vibe, and I also heard many more positive things about this uni.
But now I see that University of Birmingham offers the third year in France at Université Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas , Bordeaux and even Quebec which I think that are far more reputable than University de Lyon, or am I wrong?
More than that, Birmingham offers a 2 French Law modules in the first year in addition to French language one, in contrast to Leeds with apparently has just one module of "French Language Awareness and Skills", which I really do not know what it means, but seems just like a language module.
Far more interesting is that I was not requested by Leeds for a French language certificate, which I see now that is pretty strange. Do they simply accept candidates without having at least a DELF B2 certificate?
I really do not know what to believe. At first I was fascinated by what Leeds offers in terms of facilities, but now I think more about what the course offers and my third year in France.
And being honest, I would truly enjoy my third year either in Paris or in Canada, but Lyon sounds for sure a really good option as well.
Could you please give me an advice? I have to make the decision quite soon in order to apply for accommodation.
Reply 1
Original post by minetwinds01
I am stuck between Birmingham and Leeds for Law with French law. Which is better in terms of career prospects?
I was almost to firm Leeds, as I really enjoy the campus and the city vibe, and I also heard many more positive things about this uni.
But now I see that University of Birmingham offers the third year in France at Université Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas , Bordeaux and even Quebec which I think that are far more reputable than University de Lyon, or am I wrong?
More than that, Birmingham offers a 2 French Law modules in the first year in addition to French language one, in contrast to Leeds with apparently has just one module of "French Language Awareness and Skills", which I really do not know what it means, but seems just like a language module.
Far more interesting is that I was not requested by Leeds for a French language certificate, which I see now that is pretty strange. Do they simply accept candidates without having at least a DELF B2 certificate?
I really do not know what to believe. At first I was fascinated by what Leeds offers in terms of facilities, but now I think more about what the course offers and my third year in France.
And being honest, I would truly enjoy my third year either in Paris or in Canada, but Lyon sounds for sure a really good option as well.
Could you please give me an advice? I have to make the decision quite soon in order to apply for accommodation.

Choose which one you think you will enjoy more as whats more important is the grade you receive at the end of it. I don't know much about the French universities, but for law Leeds does have a better reputation than Birmingham so in that sense perhaps Leeds will offer better career prospects.
Hey where did you go in the end? I am facing the exact same problem x
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending