The Student Room Group
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

Recent interview

Hi,
I recently had a interview and I was so nervous, I think because this is my first choice university.
There was so much more I could of said, I prepared but it all went out the window I tried to answer from my heart and I wanted to be genuine but now I'm so worried I wont get a place, how I feel about waiting is something I have never experienced before I'm trying to find stuff to do to keep my mind from this but its not helping, has anyone been really nervous and been offered a place?
Original post by COFFEEGIRL17
Hi,
I recently had a interview and I was so nervous, I think because this is my first choice university.
There was so much more I could of said, I prepared but it all went out the window I tried to answer from my heart and I wanted to be genuine but now I'm so worried I wont get a place, how I feel about waiting is something I have never experienced before I'm trying to find stuff to do to keep my mind from this but its not helping, has anyone been really nervous and been offered a place?

It is common for people to worry about how they performed at any interview to dwell on what you said and what you could have said. It can be also that you view the interview as going badly when in fact things went ok. The important thing to remember is that you have done your best in that moment. The fact that you were selected for interview suggests that they are interested in you based on your application. Whether you are chosen will depend on how the admissions team view you, how competitive the course is and the performance of the other candidates. It can be nerve-wracking to wait! Try to keep yourself busy - Netflix, games, chatting to friends and family, hobbies. Best of luck!
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe
What course did you interview for?
Original post by cheesecakelove
It is common for people to worry about how they performed at any interview to dwell on what you said and what you could have said. It can be also that you view the interview as going badly when in fact things went ok. The important thing to remember is that you have done your best in that moment. The fact that you were selected for interview suggests that they are interested in you based on your application. Whether you are chosen will depend on how the admissions team view you, how competitive the course is and the performance of the other candidates. It can be nerve-wracking to wait! Try to keep yourself busy - Netflix, games, chatting to friends and family, hobbies. Best of luck!

Thank you, I appreciate that! Still haven’t heard I think the waiting has overtaken the interview nervousness!
Original post by jojo_rosa
What course did you interview for?

Adult Nursing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending