The Student Room Group

The Onion Router

ik the tor is rly slow but has anyone got insane internet speeds and used tor, is it still slow af
Original post by JohnMiller711
ik the tor is rly slow but has anyone got insane internet speeds and used tor, is it still slow af

Nah, it's most likely bottlenecked from the Tor network side.
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Nah, it's most likely bottlenecked from the Tor network side.

i c, just that im with crappy talktalk and wanted to know how bad it is without network bottle necking
i c, just that im with crappy talktalk and wanted to know how bad it is without network bottle necking

Fair enough. You'd be better off using a VPN for anonymity if your speeds are slow.

My guess would be not that much faster than you're experiencing.
Fair enough. You'd be better off using a VPN for anonymity if your speeds are slow.

My guess would be not that much faster than you're experiencing.

A VPN doesn't provide anymore security because now the end destination cant see your traffic but the VPN can so from that view its no use, but VPNs are good for connecting a certain region for region locked content, also you give your credentials to the vpn more personal information. A VPN or Tor wont make you "anonymous" there are a lot of factors especially on the phone
A VPN doesn't provide anymore security because now the end destination cant see your traffic but the VPN can so from that view its no use, but VPNs are good for connecting a certain region for region locked content, also you give your credentials to the vpn more personal information. A VPN or Tor wont make you "anonymous" there are a lot of factors especially on the phone

What's your point here?

You have rubbish broadband, brace the maccies broadband.
What's your point here?

You have rubbish broadband, brace the maccies broadband.

my internet is fine, im talking about people who have faster internet speeds since 30mbs isn't much and i rarely get 30mbs down, more along the lines of 3 - 5
it's the lockdown.... more people than ever are looking for dodgy stuff

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending