University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website

Ask a Buckingham University Student!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AanSehgal
Congrats!

You too. How much have you prepared so far?
Been doing it slowly, no pressure.
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website
Original post by Nithinnnn
You too. How much have you prepared so far?

Slow too. I have mocks coming up right after so its very slow.
Original post by Maish126

Add me on snap.. d6265448
I dont think you are allowed to give your socials out in here.
Original post by AanSehgal

Hi how was the mma was it similar to the ucat?
Has anyone received the outcome on their application following the recent MMA done on 8th Feb, 2024?
Original post by Shaurya pandey
Has anyone received the outcome on their application following the recent MMA done on 8th Feb, 2024?
Yes, I received a mail from them, how about you?
I have not yet received a decision. When I asked them about it, they said that decisions have not yet been made and they will start sending them out once the selection team has processed them. It's been over 4 weeks now, and I still haven't received any outcome. Additionally, there's less than a week left before the next selection day, the MMI, which is concerning me.

When did you receive yours and is it an invite back to an MMI or an offer?
I have not yet received a decision. When I asked them about it, they said that decisions have not yet been made and they will start sending them out once the selection team has processed them. It's been over 4 weeks now, and I still haven't received any outcome. Additionally, there's less than a week left before the next selection day, the MMI, which is concerning me.

When did you receive yours and is it an invite back to an MMI or an offer?

How was the mma
Original post by Lilbob2005
How was the mma
The Multiple Mini Assessment (MMA) consists of several tasks to be completed within a tight timeframe—actually, a very short one. You'll encounter questions covering various areas including mathematics, ethical reasoning, and communication skills. While some questions resembled those in the UKCAT Situational Judgment Test (SJT), the math component differed entirely from the UKCAT Quantitative Reasoning (QR). I wouldn't describe the questions as difficult, but the limited time allocated for each task made it challenging yet manageable.

I can’t disclose individual tasks and questions however I can give you a YouTube video link posted by The University of Buckingham where you can prepare for the MMA and MMI :-
https://youtu.be/YDo_nCFIXiw?feature=shared
(edited 1 month ago)
yes, I got my offer today.
Original post by Anonymous #26
yes, I got my offer today.
That’s great! I too got an email from them and unfortunately I have not been offered a place to study MB ChB. However they are offering me a place for Pre Med. I’m confused, don’t they interview all the applicants before sending out offer as this was just the MMA and they started sending out offers straightforward.

In my email it says that I have not been offered a place, does this means I have been unsuccessful and won’t be considered for interview or it’s just like I have not been offered a place directly and will be considered for interview?
(edited 1 month ago)
That’s great! I too got an email from them and unfortunately I have not been offered a place to study MB ChB. However they are offering me a place for Pre Med. I’m confused, don’t they interview all the applicants before sending out offer as this was just the MMA and they started sending out offers straightforward.
In my email it says that I have not been offered a place, does this means I have been unsuccessful and won’t be considered for interview or it’s just like I have not been offered a place directly and will be considered for interview?
well i am not sure about it. But in my knowledge if you were given a place for the interview they must have mentioned it in your email.
Original post by Nidhi Iyer
well i am not sure about it. But in my knowledge if you were given a place for the interview they must have mentioned it in your email.
If that's the case, they haven't provided any details about the interview. It simply states that I have not been offered a place for Medicine due to the high volume and high standards of applicants in the selection event. Instead, they're offering me a place for their 9-month Pre-Med program, through which I can apply for Medicine next year. I'm really confused right now. Should I accept their Pre-Med offer, or should I apply somewhere else in Europe? Do you have something to say on this?
Reply 273
Got offer today ..MMA was on 8feb
Reply 274
If that's the case, they haven't provided any details about the interview. It simply states that I have not been offered a place for Medicine due to the high volume and high standards of applicants in the selection event. Instead, they're offering me a place for their 9-month Pre-Med program, through which I can apply for Medicine next year. I'm really confused right now. Should I accept their Pre-Med offer, or should I apply somewhere else in Europe? Do you have something to say on this?

Maybe you want to check if doing Pre-med is a guarenteed pathway to get into Med ? If it is not then possibly other alternatives ? Also may want to check if you do Pre Med at Bucks, whether that rules out your eligibility at other unis in next attempt ? ( sorry could only give pointers..not fully aware of the finer points). Perhaps you may want to quickly try Brunel Uni (there is forum here for that) also..think they are still accepting applns as they start in Jan too ?
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
Hello,
I am a recently graduated doctor from the University of Buckingham. Feel free to ask questions about medicine or even about the university life in Bucks in general. If you have questions about other courses at Buckingham, I can put you in touch with people studying those courses :smile:

First, congratulations!!. From a Year 10 who is thinking of going into medicine, what are your recommendations for me if I'm predicted 7-9's in GCSE in everything apart from a 5 in maths?.
Original post by onyx18
Maybe you want to check if doing Pre-med is a guarenteed pathway to get into Med ? If it is not then possibly other alternatives ? Also may want to check if you do Pre Med at Bucks, whether that rules out your eligibility at other unis in next attempt ? ( sorry could only give pointers..not fully aware of the finer points). Perhaps you may want to quickly try Brunel Uni (there is forum here for that) also..think they are still accepting applns as they start in Jan too ?
Thank you for your advice. Buckingham University's Pre-Med program is not a guaranteed pathway to their MB ChB course; however, Pre-Med students will be prioritized if they have scored above 70% in their Pre-Med. I have an interview from The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) for its MBBS-Foundation year Entry Program (6 years), but the fee is quite expensive compared to most UK medical schools. Additionally, I have offers for BSc Biomedical Science from KCL, University of Greenwich, Bangor University, and Swansea University. Swansea University claims that upon completion of the Medical Science degree, I'll be guaranteed an interview for their Graduate entry MB BCh course. I'm feeling extremely confused. What should I choose? My ultimate goal is to pursue medicine.
Yes :smile: How was it for you?
Yes, I have gotten an offer
honestly, I do not have a say in this since it is a decision for you and also i have no clue about their pre med course. But what I do know from my experience of applications this year, there are very few European medical colleges that teach in English like Charles in Prague i believe and the qmul malta campus for example but again it is completely your decision as to whether you would want to do premed or apply to european unis. I would say the best would be to do your own thorough research to see what suites you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending