The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

University of Cambridge - PhD in Clinical Neurosciences

Hi, haven't seen many posts on the PhD. Has anyone applied for 2020/21 entry (or prior) and does anyone know how the panel interview is like?

Scroll to see replies

A panel of 7 interviewers (comprising at least Dr Carpenter -director of graduate studies, your supervisor and someone else from your prospective lab or the admissions tutor; others could be academics from within the department but not related to your specialty)

about 5-10 mins presentation more about your previous work experience, your prospective project and What makes you the right candidate

Others are more general questions about yourself etc

Goodluck
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Original post by Neurocandid
A panel of 7 interviewers (comprising at least Dr Carpenter -director of graduate studies, your supervisor and someone else from your prospective lab or the admissions tutor; others could be academics from within the department but not related to your specialty)

about 5-10 mins presentation more about your previous work experience, your prospective project and What makes you the right candidate

Others are more general questions about yourself etc

Goodluck

Ah brill thanks for this! Just wondering, I've been given two interview dates, did you also have two interviews?
Original post by MAS98
Ah brill thanks for this! Just wondering, I've been given two interview dates, did you also have two interviews?

They will confirm with you sometime before the day
Just wondering, are you a self funded student? also.. hope all went well with you
Reply 5
Just wondering, are you a self funded student? also.. hope all went well with you

Hi there, nope I've received external funding. Interview went well (I think!) and just anxiously waiting for the outcome now. How long did you have to wait post-interview?
Original post by MAS98
Hi there, nope I've received external funding. Interview went well (I think!) and just anxiously waiting for the outcome now. How long did you have to wait post-interview?

Should be within a week
I'm starting to be a bit worried :/ I did my interview last Monday and still haven't heard back :frown:
Original post by nvepineapple
I'm starting to be a bit worried :/ I did my interview last Monday and still haven't heard back :frown:

Give it by the end of Monday

But then again that’s not absolute as timelines may have shifted due to covid -19. Hang in there

Also mind asking who your prospective supervisor is?
Reply 9

I did mine last Monday too and I have not had any news either. Dr Adrian did say that there will be short processing delays due to the pandemic and has reassured that the committee will try to get back to us the soonest so we'll have to wait
Original post by MAS98
I did mine last Monday too and I have not had any news either. Dr Adrian did say that there will be short processing delays due to the pandemic and has reassured that the committee will try to get back to us the soonest so we'll have to wait

Hope you did hear back, good news?
anyone also experiencing delays with the ATAS application :confused: ??
anyone also experiencing delays with the ATAS application :confused: ??

I am from a different course. But I applied for ATAS on 12th June and haven't received it yet!! (1 month past expected date)
Reply 13
Hope you did hear back, good news?

Hey yes I have! Joining both the clinical neurosciences department as well as radiology this coming academic year. Btw, are you in Cambridge?
Reply 14
Original post by im_maxpayne
I am from a different course. But I applied for ATAS on 12th June and haven't received it yet!! (1 month past expected date)

i'm also waiting for my ATAS still, have you heard anything from cambridge regarding what we should do or what to expect?
Original post by esherman
i'm also waiting for my ATAS still, have you heard anything from cambridge regarding what we should do or what to expect?

I couldn't reach FCO through the email. Cambridge just has generic replies that FCO is under heavy load. I think the best they could do is extend our condition deadline. It is horrifying to realise that I haven't received ATAS for 2 months now.
omg two months!! :eek:
Reply 17
has anyone received an extension for offer conditions?
Original post by MAS98

Hi, I was wondering how long it took them to get back to you? I was told 7-10 days, its been slightly more than that and the admissions admin hasn't replied to me either.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I was wondering how long it took them to get back to you? I was told 7-10 days, its been slightly more than that and the admissions admin hasn't replied to me either.

Have you heard anything since? I was told a similar timeframe at my interview two weeks ago, but haven't heard back since.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending