The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE scholarships 2020

Scroll to see replies

Hi, a bit irrelevant but I was just wondering if scholarships are available to UK citizens or whether they're mostly just given to international students? Because from looking at the websites etc, it shows a large percentage go to internationals so I was just wondering whether UK citizens have any chance of getting them too?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, a bit irrelevant but I was just wondering if scholarships are available to UK citizens or whether they're mostly just given to international students? Because from looking at the websites etc, it shows a large percentage go to internationals so I was just wondering whether UK citizens have any chance of getting them too?

I read on another LSE postgrad thread that there are at least 80 scholarships for UK citizens this year
Has anyone heard back? Tried to give them a ring and it seems the phone lines are up and running again. Came off since I was caller no. 20 in queue
Original post by Stylecatch
Has anyone heard back? Tried to give them a ring and it seems the phone lines are up and running again. Came off since I was caller no. 20 in queue

would you mind sharing the number you called because the one I've found just rings and then gets cut off - no queue
Did anyone get the Standard Bank Derek Cooper Scholarship?
Hi I have applied for the UK scholarships,Sent of 1st of June and told would reply by end of August?Has anyone heard anything back from them yet?
Yh im confused as well - when do we find out if we got the scholarship?
Original post by AelinSardothein
Yh im confused as well - when do we find out if we got the scholarship?

after i sent mine of i got an email saying that i would have a decision by the end of august,so soon i suppose.i was just wondering if anybody from the UK who applied for scholarships received there decisions yet.
Yh im from the UK and still haven't heard back....
Have any UK/EU students heard back yet?
Apparently, scholarships have already been awarded - only successful ones got told.... I don't think i got it either :frown:
Are you an uk/eu student?
Apparently, scholarships have already been awarded - only successful ones got told.... I don't think i got it either :frown:

Oh really? Where did you hear that from?
Original post by hamptonamy0
Are you an uk/eu student?

UK :smile:
I asked on the LSE 2020 Undergraduate official page on TSR - and the LSE responded saying all successful applicants have been notfied in july.....
I asked on the LSE 2020 Undergraduate official page on TSR - and the LSE responded saying all successful applicants have been notfied in july.....

Was that for uk/eu applicants as well, a person in the scholarship team told be a decision would be given end of august?
I'm not sure - but I did apply as well - im from the uk - and was told that on tsr on that page - so idk -
has anyone heard back yet?
I haven't
I'm not sure - but I did apply as well - im from the uk - and was told that on tsr on that page - so idk -
has anyone heard back yet?
I haven't ...
Original post by Anonymous #3
I heard back today. I'm from Pakistan and applied for the undergraduate support scheme - they're covering my entire tuition fee and offering an annual stipend!!! I'm beyond thrilled. I hope everyone else hears back soon too :smile:

Congrats! Could you pls share tips on getting LSE funding?
Original post by Anonymous
I heard back today. I'm from Pakistan and applied for the undergraduate support scheme - they're covering my entire tuition fee and offering an annual stipend!!! I'm beyond thrilled. I hope everyone else hears back soon too :smile:

Hi there. I am applying for the LSE Scholarship. I need your tips/advice on the personal statement - how you approached it and explained your financial background, and how much deficit you mentioned in the app? I come from similar socio-economic background (Pakistan) and your advice could be a huge help amidst all the confusion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending