The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

the only suit i own wouldn't look out of place in a skip, can't justify buying a new one either
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 81
GodspeedGehenna
I'm going to the normal ball.. Any chance to wear a suit :biggrin:

Indeed. You can get smashed and play guitar hero whenever you so desire.
I've got a dress that would be ok for the normal ball.

Might need to skank some tit tape though. (Strapless)

ETA- I'm honestly not as common as the above sentance makes me sound. Really. :ninja:
kiss_me_now9
I've got a dress that would be ok for the normal ball.

Might need to skank some tit tape though. (Strapless)

ETA- I'm honestly not as common as the above sentance makes me sound. Really. :ninja:

:rofl:
Reply 84
Obviously you haven't read the posts in which I apologised for my vitriol, though you wouldn't want to delay your personal attacks on me, would you? Your first priority is clearly to try to belittle me in any way you can, ideally while displaying your own patent superiority. This, in my opinion, is equally as puerile as my alleged "quasi-rhetorical nonsense", which Saruken considers to constitute a highly witty, perceptive description of my posts in this thread. How laughable it is than in attempting to appear as the educated, civil elders on this board wearily dismissing the antics of a crass, self-important idiot, you and your admirer Rosbif manifest your own arrogance, in addition to your faith in the superiority of your intellect over that of a childish, histrionic attention-seeker. Your respective egos render you just as deserving of rebuke as me. Criticising another member on these boards in a way that you intend to attest your supposed eminence over them makes you scarcely better than they are. It is evident that both of you adore attempting to assert your authority on here, as well as accentuating what you perceive to be your peerless intelligence by trying to wittily highlight the idiocy of those whom you see as beneath you. All your behaviour equates is haughty disdain towards such individuals. Through your unjustified, supercilious scoffing at me, your vile hauteur is plain for all to see.

I'm on the verge of releasing another volley of abuse at you two self-aggrandizing, snooty clowns, however this would only afford you the type of material you will snottily cite in an effort to substantiate your earlier accusations, feed your burgeoning egos, as well prompt additional snide, uppish jibes. I despise the elitism on this board, plus the way that any posters who are not accepted by the board as a whole are roundly derided by the brigade of patronising thugs led by Rosbif and his gang of snobs. I also wish to evidence my genuine character. I promise not to descend to insults, as it is not my intention to cause enmity on this forum. You shall not succeed in trying to either humiliate me, or incite me to behave in a humiliating manner. I would also like to make it clear to the posters who I do respect on here how the self-adoring thugs on this forum cruelly seize every opportunity they have to poke fun at me. These people are fulsome, slippery villains, who I am entitled to defend myself against. Now, will you relinquish your barbarity?
For someone who has called various members on these boards as nerds, you do come across as someone who is significantly more nerdy.

I am sure you are a nice person, however the irony I have seen you show in your posts of recent does make me laugh.

You have called people cliquey, when it is yourself who has said that you wouldn't befriend the people on this Kent part of the website. Does that not itself sound a bit cliquey?

The people I met and made friends with in my first year, and whom have become a group of friends which I know I will be friends with for the rest of my life are people I would never have thought I would make friends with. If you are going to university intent on not making friends with someone just because (and im not saying you would choose over any of these) they like to drink alot, they like rap music, they dress the opposite of you, then im sorry but that is you being someone who is going to find it hard to make friends, because it is YOU that is being cliquey.

Hopefully you wake up and realise how much of a big headed buffoon you sound on this website and do not portray these traits when you look to make friends at Kent.
Come on guys no need to get frustrated by an imaginary character on a trolling mission.
Ah guys, come on.. He apologised in the other thread a while back, please don't pick this argument up again.

KentWill
slippery villains

Haha this bit actually made me lol.
KentWill
Your first priority is clearly to try to belittle me in any way you can, ideally while displaying your own patent superiority. This, in my opinion, is equally as puerile as my alleged "quasi-rhetorical nonsense", which Saruken considers to constitute a highly witty, perceptive description of my posts in this thread.

Do I now? To be honest mate, you don't really have to be that "perceptive" or "witty" to realise that you are, by definition, a total jerk.

KentWill

It is evident that both of you adore attempting to assert your authority on here, as well as accentuating what you perceive to be your peerless intelligence by trying to wittily highlight the idiocy of those whom you see as beneath you.

The only one who tries to assert their "authority" on here is you.
And to be honest, I think that most people on here will agree that the only person who believes people to be beneath them on here is, again (surprise surprise) you, old chap.

KentWill

All your behaviour equates is haughty disdain towards such individuals. Through your unjustified, supercilious scoffing at me, your vile hauteur is plain for all to see.

Psychological projection? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projection_(psychology)

KentWill

I'm on the verge of releasing another volley of abuse at you two self-aggrandizing, snooty clowns, however this would only afford you the type of material you will snottily cite in an effort to substantiate your earlier accusations, feed your burgeoning egos, as well prompt additional snide, uppish jibes.

Give it a rest.

KentWill

I also wish to evidence my genuine character.

Oh believe me, you have done more than enough to evidence your genuine character on this forum.

KentWill

I promise not to descend to insults, as it is not my intention to cause enmity on this forum.

Indeed. Who could accuse you of that?
Saruken

wooo its another one of those interesting psychology facts :dance:
Reply 90
Saruken

Do I now? To be honest mate, you don't really have to be that "perceptive" or "witty" to realise that you are, by definition, a total jerk.

The only one who tries to assert their "authority" on here is you.
And to be honest, I think that most people on here will agree that the only person who believes people to be beneath them on here is, again (surprise surprise) you, old chap.

Give it a rest.

Oh believe me, you have done more than enough to evidence your genuine character on this forum.

Indeed. Who could accuse you of that?

Surely one of the moderators could do the decent thing. Block him, pay a visit to his place of residence, give him a bit of a going over and send him on his way with a warning in his ear not to do it again? Isn't this usual mod policy? That and wearing parkas and smashing up Brighton.
Reply 91
Soon as Saruken seems to have such a sound and accurate grasp of people's character and personality, let's see how accurate his description of himself on his profile page is.

He alleges that he's "unfailingly polite", "friendly" and "soft-spoken", as well as a "nice boy"! Given how this winsome image doesn't quite mirror his behaviour in this thread, I'm not entirely sure that someone with such poor judgement is entitled to pinpoint and analyse my supposed imperfections!

Likewise, so wide is the gap between Saruken's opinion of people's qualities and their genuine nature, I must be an affable, humble, well-meaning member of the TSR community! In turn, anyone who he's recently praised on this board should be very, very worried.

But going back to the more serious issue of whether indeed I am a 'troll' or not, all I will say is that when I have not been arguing with the unctuous bullies of Saruken and Rosbif, I have been described as a "sweetie" by one poster. Hardly compatible with the notion that I am a disagreeable enemy of the peace on this forum, is it? If you want further confirmation that I am not consistently defensive, check my post history. Again, there's not much there that unmasks me as a 'troll'. How telling it is that the qualities of mine you zealously deplore only surface when I am talking to none other than Saruken or Rosbif. I confess that I have been impetuous, though to elicit the validity of this people must take into account preceding events. Before every one of my outbursts a poster has directed a snide, patronising jibe, largely because I lack the confidence of most people on here. Dozens of people have eschewed my humble efforts to be an active, friendly member of this forum. After having to tolerate this, it's little wonder I am easily irritated. Thus, my aggression is the product of people, whether on here or in real life, overlooking or rejecting me.

Saruken, a far better way of proving my 'genuine character' would be to refrain from provoking me and see how I react then, not attacking me in a way that's certain to antagonise me. For a 'troll' would surely maintain his indignation in such circumstances, whereas a decent poster, like me (:angelblush:), would not.

All I ever came on here for was some advice and to make me feel I had some connection, however tenuous, to the other students at Kent. Why can't you all stop looking for my faults and just be friends with me? I honestly have no 'trollish' agenda, I just feel pretty picked on. :frown: :hugs:
Reply 92
KentWill
Why can't you all stop looking for my faults and just be friends with me? I honestly have no 'trollish' agenda, I just feel pretty picked on. :frown: :hugs:

Because you pick on and insult us first.
Reply 93
So you're saying that Saruken's outburst was provoked?!
It isn't too late to share the love Will. Share the love.
Reply 95
:rofl:

I'm done with whatever chip you have on your shoulder KentWill.

BACK ON TOPIC.

I love these prom/ball things...I must buy new shoes :woo:
Reply 96
yeh i ont have any formal shoes thinking about it. so what do guys generally wear?
im planning to tailor my very own suit out of a black sack
Reply 98
Classy :biggrin:
Reply 99
Black or brown leather shoes are best. Although the venue has a generally less strict dress code, trainers are not readily accepted. Also, no hats...

Latest

Trending

Trending