The Student Room Group

I sent an email which I now regret. What are the chances it's gone to their spam?

I'm not going to go into detail about the issue and content of the email, but I sent an email to somebody and now really regret doing so. I created a new email address to do it and the address I sent it to is a workplace intranet address. The email is quite long and I included a lot of images (no, not nudes). Then something has come up and I realise it was a big mistake.

What are the chances an unsolicited email like that, including lots of images would go to spam for an intranet address? Also, I am wondering whether to make it LOOK like spam by sending another email from the same address but titling it something like "Your payment is ready!". That way they may associate the other one as spam too and delete them both without hesitation.
Reply 1
I didn't mean to ignore I have only just seen your responses
No.

Lmao I once accidentally sent an email to my teacher thinking I was sending it to a classmate. So embarrassing but she just ignored it. Anyways, try and forget about it.
Reply 3
I never check my spam folder. I'm sure many people don't right?
I thought for a second you were 'one of those' people that posts a link to a 5 year old thread to imply that the original poster should have used the 'search bar' first.

God I hate those.

One of the pettiest things I've seen people get self-righteous about.
Reply 5
Think before you act.
Reply 6
Original post by Brutal Bee
No.

Lmao I once accidentally sent an email to my teacher thinking I was sending it to a classmate. So embarrassing but she just ignored it. Anyways, try and forget about it.

That sucks but this is worse. I was involved with a girl romantically for a couple months. She then told me that she actually had a partner but hadn't been close to him for a long time, and was leaving him. Next thing I know, when we've seemingly fallen head over heels in love with each other, she decides to ghost me and she's back on with him. It really hurt me and last night I was drunk and was an idiot and emailed this guy (I only know his work email) and told him what had happened and included screenshots of our conversations, pictures we'd sent etc. I really reget it, it was a dumbass move that felt justified at the time but I don't wanna wreck her life. I hope to **** that he doesn't read it.
Reply 7
God I really hope not...it would be quite disastrous.
Original post by Carpi123
That sucks but this is worse. I was involved with a girl romantically for a couple months. She then told me that she actually had a partner but hadn't been close to him for a long time, and was leaving him. Next thing I know, when we've seemingly fallen head over heels in love with each other, she decides to ghost me and she's back on with him. It really hurt me and last night I was drunk and was an idiot and emailed this guy (I only know his work email) and told him what had happened and included screenshots of our conversations, pictures we'd sent etc. I really reget it, it was a dumbass move that felt justified at the time but I don't wanna wreck her life. I hope to **** that he doesn't read it.

This might sound a little harsh, but at least this mess is in your personal life and not professional.

She cheated on him. She mislead you. You might feel bad for exposing her, but what she did was wrong. I am not saying what you did was right (I don't really know if it was right or wrong). Forget about it. Move on.
She literally mislead you..... I would be so angry if I were you. A part of me wonders if it's best that this guy knows what kind of cheating hoe she is??

For you though, next time make decisions when you aren't drunk. You must feel quite resentful because of how she treated you so no-one can exactly judge you. I don't know. I don't think her lying ass is worth the stress. Don't worry x
Blackmail? Death threat? Give us the goss
Original post by Carpi123
Also, I am wondering whether to make it LOOK like spam by sending another email from the same address but titling it something like "Your payment is ready!". That way they may associate the other one as spam too and delete them both without hesitation.

Don’t do that, you’ll just dig yourself into a bigger hole. It’s one thing to get caught sending angry or an unprofessional email but you don’t want to go down for a fraud or scam attempt too.
Original post by YaliaV
Blackmail? Death threat? Give us the goss

Post #7
Reply 13
I just got a message from the girl telling me to stop stalking her and her partner. I feel so ****ing terrible. If I had a gun on me I'd shoot myself in the head.
Wtf is an intranet address? An intranet itself is a corporate network so not sure how you could do this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending