The Student Room Group

waiting list dentistry

hi , so I was put on a waiting list for QMUL dentistry and wanted to know if its likely (or impossible) that ill get an offer to study this year
Original post by ilovesanji
hi , so I was put on a waiting list for QMUL dentistry and wanted to know if its likely (or impossible) that ill get an offer to study this year

I got put on the waiting list for QMUL oral health and I’m also not sure how likely it is to get an offer. Also, are you holding offers anywhere else?
Original post by jxlie.kj
I got put on the waiting list for QMUL oral health and I’m also not sure how likely it is to get an offer. Also, are you holding offers anywhere else?

No unfortunately I’m not holding offers :frown: my school had sent the wrong predicted grades so I got rejected straight away by 3 of my unis and only qmul allowed the amendment. So there’s a large chance I’ll take a gap year and reapply! Wbu?
Oh no, that's so annoying sorry to hear that:frown:. I'm either going to take a gap year and re-apply to DHT or do dental nursing at the University of Portsmouth as they offered me it as an alternative offer. Really hope that QMUL magically offer me a place though!
I've heard many people take gap years before re-applying and don't regret it at all so that's good.
Also, are you on the QMUL waiting list post-interview? If so, you could email them to ask them for feedback on your interview, your interview score and overall ranking to get an idea of the likeliness of getting an offer.
Original post by ilovesanji
No unfortunately I’m not holding offers :frown: my school had sent the wrong predicted grades so I got rejected straight away by 3 of my unis and only qmul allowed the amendment. So there’s a large chance I’ll take a gap year and reapply! Wbu?
Reply 4
While not guaranteed, it's possible they'll give you an offer if a space becomes available; if it was impossible, they'd have just rejected you straight up.

I was on the waiting list for KCL a few years back, and they eventually admitted me onto the course so don't lose hope yet!
Reply 5
Original post by jxlie.kj
Oh no, that's so annoying sorry to hear that:frown:. I'm either going to take a gap year and re-apply to DHT or do dental nursing at the University of Portsmouth as they offered me it as an alternative offer. Really hope that QMUL magically offer me a place though!
I've heard many people take gap years before re-applying and don't regret it at all so that's good.
Also, are you on the QMUL waiting list post-interview? If so, you could email them to ask them for feedback on your interview, your interview score and overall ranking to get an idea of the likeliness of getting an offer.

Hi !! So sorry for the extremely late reply😊Hope a levels are going well for you. I did what you said and emailed and unfortunately they told me they can’t disclose that info which is quite annoying but it is what it is. What about you, have you received anything yet?
Reply 6
Original post by Vian
While not guaranteed, it's possible they'll give you an offer if a space becomes available; if it was impossible, they'd have just rejected you straight up.

I was on the waiting list for KCL a few years back, and they eventually admitted me onto the course so don't lose hope yet!

Thankyou!! Haven’t lost hope yet just doing my a levels now 🤲🏻

Quick Reply

Latest