The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

No enrolment email from KCL

I haven't received any emails from King's to let me set up my IT account and enrol. I'm kinda freaking out since there are only a couple of weeks left until my course is supposed to start. Should I wait a bit longer or should I contact the uni?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What course are you doing? I’m in the same position and I’m so stressed. I haven’t received anything from them and it seems like everyone else has.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I'm doing general engineering. I wanted to ask student services about it but you need an IT account for that.
Reply 3
I’m doing chemistry. Haven’t received anything. Haven’t got anything such as making an account or an ID or anything
Reply 4
That's so weird though because they're sending us a bunch of stuff about events and whatnot. The more important emails shouldn't be taking this long especially when, like you said, others seem to have already received them.
have you called the uni up yet? if not, i would suggest it because they sent out some info about collection of student id (which is only possible after you enrolled and if you don't have a british passport a right to study check is required which takes 2 days to confirm) and they are planning to send more detailed info about collection soon.
Reply 6
I haven’t even received any emails about events I’ve had nothing from them. I’m stressed because is there a deadline to enrol. When does your course start? It should say it in the portal
Reply 7
They just said I need to email on the portal. Do you know when the deadline is to enrol. What have they sent you and like what have you done so far, sorry for all the questions but I’m really stressed

Original post by Anonymous
have you called the uni up yet? if not, i would suggest it because they sent out some info about collection of student id (which is only possible after you enrolled and if you don't have a british passport a right to study check is required which takes 2 days to confirm) and they are planning to send more detailed info about collection soon.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous

Do you think their IT services could help?
Reply 9
Never mind, they weren't helpful.
Original post by nyetrb
Do you think their IT services could help?
I also called one number - they diverted me to another phone number - then they diverted me to fill out a form…
I’m so stressed out because of this - otherwise I’d be completely ready :/ I don’t mind doing it when I move (16/09) but I don’t want them telling me I should’ve done it earlier or something
Reply 11
I managed to contact student services and they were able to create a case for my issue. I should get a response within 2-3 working days.
Reply 12
Original post by nyetrb
I managed to contact student services and they were able to create a case for my issue. I should get a response within 2-3 working days.

Hii I am having the same issue.
How did you manage to contact student services? Did you call them or is there an email address?
Thank you for your help in advance!!
Reply 13
I gave them a call. They were a bit busy so you might have to wait a bit, but once you get to talk to someone it should be done quite quickly. Just make sure you have the student number you were given when you first received your offer letter from them, because they will ask you for it.
Reply 14
Original post by nyetrb
I gave them a call. They were a bit busy so you might have to wait a bit, but once you get to talk to someone it should be done quite quickly. Just make sure you have the student number you were given when you first received your offer letter from them, because they will ask you for it.

Thank you so much!!
Reply 15
They have a new number actually, I don't think you'll be able to find it easily if you search it up, so I'll post it here instead. It's: 00442070969984
Reply 16
I was told to fill out a case form on their site, does anyone know what category I should put it under?
Reply 17
That's weird, they just did it for me. What options are there?
Reply 18
Original post by nyetrb
That's weird, they just did it for me. What options are there?

There is a lot 😭
The ones I think match best are Administration (but the sub category only looks at IDs and Student Records) or New Students (but the sub categories look at before starting and during uni). There's also an Other option for all other enquiries, should I just go with that?
Reply 19
Yeah, that would probably be the best option.
I'm still really surprised that they didn't just do it for you on the call.

Quick Reply

Latest