The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

PgDip/ MSc Speech and Language Therapy (Pre-Registration) commuting from Glasgow

Hi there,

I'm interested in applying for the PgDip/ MSc Speech and Language Therapy (Pre-Registration) course - starting in 2021.
I live in Glasgow at the moment and own my flat so wouldn't want to move to Edinburgh.
Can anyone advise how feasible commuting would be? What's a typical week of study? I have a car so could drive.
Are placements strictly in Edinburgh or could they be organised in Glasgow?

I'm studying occupational therapy and we have a couple of students who commute via train each day from Glasgow, they do both say its long days.

For us placement can be anywhere in Scotland, islands included, and we are expected to source our own accommodation for each.
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Reply 2
Thanks, that's helpful! It's really the only course of its kind so I guess I would have to make do regardless.
Sorry, can I be nosy and just ask what the funding situation is for this? I understand that SAAS contribute 10K for postgrad funding but the Queen Margaret Msc course is over 9K each year. How is it possible to fund the rest? Any advice welcome

Quick Reply

Latest