The Student Room Group

Is ASK4's & Ulitmate"/100Mb/s package actually worth it??

Original post by DylanMateo
Since I got some more stuff for Christmas, I'm reaching my limit of how many I need connecting at one time. If, I'm truly honest with you for a second, why do they even charge for more than 5 devices?! There shouldn't be a charge at all IMO. Most ISP's (not even student related) only charge for the package/speed. It's the first ISP I've come across that does it and it has been more than a pain to just set something and forget it without that prompt coming up to remove a device, this even goes against their OWN philosophy where they themselves even state that one person will use an average of 5 devices daily. But there you go. A bit pushy but yeah, I've accepted that and will have to buy that regardless. However, I'm more curious on the pros of this "Ultimate" package that will double your speed but in normal ASK4 fashion, only on wired. It will be still 50Mb/s on wireless despite having 5GHz routers. How good is it and would anyone recommend getting that over just the normal speed? I pretty much hate the jitteriness I see it have now and again, and the download speed on some programs (like Steam) is pretty slow. Would love it to be faster but is it really worth £30 (for 3 months)?Cheers! :^_^:

Whats your current speed?
The limit of devices is a bit strange but I think its to stop students exploiting and sharing the connection.
Are you sharing it with others?
Wont they let you try it for a month and then change back?

I use them and they had masses of problems but lately they are very good and reliable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending