The Student Room Group

Whats the point of Gogglebox

What is honestly the point of watching someone watching television on the television? It is mad! Can someone please tell me why this show is so popular?
Original post by The Name's Bond
What is honestly the point of watching someone watching television on the television? It is mad! Can someone please tell me why this show is so popular?

its so people can react to the shows themself then see if their opinion is popular or unpopular so it can provide a sense of a community to certain programmes also some people are nosey so they like to see what other peoples interior looks like rather than their reactions
What's wrong with it?
It's a great show.
Reply 3
I used to think like you till I caught an episode when i was round at someone's house on the ale. it's just funny, and it provides a type of social commentary
Original post by gjd800
I used to think like you till I caught an episode when i was round at someone's house on the ale. it's just funny, and it provides a type of social commentary

Yes, but my views are not arrogant. You make them sound as though they are. However, I am yet to watch a full episode, who knows, maybe I'll too enjoy it.
Because their reactions and comments are very funny. It’s the same reason that reaction videos are also very popular on YouTube.
Reply 6

Cheap TV. That's the point.
Reply 7
Yes, but my views are not arrogant. You make them sound as though they are.

If you read that into what I said then that's your problem not mine
I don’t really watch it much, but I like Steph and Dom. I really used to watch it for the reverend kate bottles, who was actually my vicar for a while
Bottley
Because Jenny and lee, that’s why :judge:
Reviving this thread. Last Friday it was apparently the most watched at its time slot. This week I would be certain that one of the programmes featured will be Naked Attraction, as it is on tonight.

It is weird, but perhaps the popularity is some of the people watching, who have become as popular as some of the tv they are watching.
I can catch up on the weeks tv without actually watching the whole shows :biggrin:
It's for straight up rejects lol I've always thought what you are thinking. Morons with nothing better to do. Get some beers go out and get messy then feel ruff tomorrow and sleep till **** daytime tv has finished then get up eat loads then sleep before **** goggle box comes on. Most ridiculous program ever ****ing ******ant
Wow it blocks so many words
It's for straight up rejects lol I've always thought what you are thinking. Morons with nothing better to do. Get some beers go out and get messy then feel ruff tomorrow and sleep till **** daytime tv has finished then get up eat loads then sleep before **** goggle box comes on. Most ridiculous program ever ****ing ******ant Why don't you apply ret ared
Original post by Emma:-)
What's wrong with it?
It's a great show.

Original post by gjd800

No, ale and goggle box? You were brought up wrong my friend. Sit down 5pm meals and stuff? Love to give you advice mongoloid lol
Reply 17
Original post by MicDrop1234
No, ale and goggle box? You were brought up wrong my friend. Sit down 5pm meals and stuff? Love to give you advice mongoloid lol

I don't need advice from a 17 year old tsr gobshite in need of an attitude adjustment
Original post by MicDrop1234
It's for straight up rejects lol I've always thought what you are thinking. Morons with nothing better to do. Get some beers go out and get messy then feel ruff tomorrow and sleep till **** daytime tv has finished then get up eat loads then sleep before **** goggle box comes on. Most ridiculous program ever ****ing ******ant Why don't you apply ret ared

Sounds like you applied to be on it and got rejected.

Quick Reply

Latest