The Student Room Group

Post your best photograph

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ± Dan ±
Probably one of the best pictures you will ever see taken on an iPhone 4 ... was on my way to work @ the olympics and just had to snap this view...

A0BJmHyCQAER3Hx.jpg

What I most like about this picture is its creator's modesty ...

P1020434.jpg

I know, just another cat ... but she's a true model, isn't she? :biggrin:
Original post by Sir Fox
P1020434.jpg

I know, just another cat ... but she's a true model, isn't she? :biggrin:

Aw, cute cat! I loves cats I doos.
Original post by timmy-scott
Aw, cute cat! I loves cats I doos.

Cat of my host family in Ghana, I have other pictures of her devouring a lizard which probably no one wants to see :biggrin:
Reply 3985
This is mine, I still absolutely adore it!

*it is actually significantly higher quality, just doesn't show it after iPad upload! Taken on 40D

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
I like this one :smile:. It looks better if you right click and view it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Jespy
This is mine, I still absolutely adore it!

*it is actually significantly higher quality, just doesn't show it after iPad upload! Taken on 40D

Ooh I love this! Is it Newcastle? X

Reply 3988
Hi Everyone, I've just got some photos here and would really appreciate if you took a look at some on my photos here! http://www.flickr.com/photos/image-inations/

46110_10151232741972620_1987308541_n.jpg
381474_10150453527742620_1681504492_n.jpg
406157_10151232742187620_950959069_n.jpg
Hi! I'm kinda new here. by the way here's what I think a few of my best is.

Reply 3990
Original post by banlongwil
Hi! I'm kinda new here. by the way here's what I think a few of my best is.

What camera?? Nice shots!

Posted from TSR Mobile
ZRO, a better question might be: What photographer are you using?

A pro can make a poor camera sing and yet a newbie will take poor photo's with the most expensive cameras.

Most people here will probably have set their camera's exposure manually and rarely, if ever use auto.
I was going to comment similar ^^

The amount of times I have heard, 'Wow nice shot, you must have a great camera!'. It's just not a compliment at all. It's quite insulting really. Owning an expensive camera does not mean that your photographs will be amazing.
Calm down, people. This is a thread for photography enthusiasts, it's natural to wonder what equipment someone was using. It doesn't mean that they haven't appreciated the work of the photographer. :rolleyes:
Reply 3994
Original post by Pegasus2
ZRO, a better question might be: What photographer are you using?

A pro can make a poor camera sing and yet a newbie will take poor photo's with the most expensive cameras.

Most people here will probably have set their camera's exposure manually and rarely, if ever use auto.

I'm just wondering as I'm planning on getting a t3i but like to see what other people are using? Obviously it comes down to photography skills but also the camera plays a part...
Original post by katehlouise
I was going to comment similar ^^

The amount of times I have heard, 'Wow nice shot, you must have a great camera!'. It's just not a compliment at all. It's quite insulting really. Owning an expensive camera does not mean that your photographs will be amazing.

Never said they had a nice camera, just wondering what camera they have?

Original post by Feefifofum
Calm down, people. This is a thread for photography enthusiasts, it's natural to wonder what equipment someone was using. It doesn't mean that they haven't appreciated the work of the photographer. :rolleyes:

Thanks for understanding! People like to jump to conclusions haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZRO
What camera?? Nice shots!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I use a Nikon D7000 with a Tokina 11-16mm Wide Angle lens. I really like taking landscape photography!
Chill out, it was just a point. I din't even make it in a harsh way! :smile:
Surprised I got negged, I just want to help people be better photographers by challenging how they think about it.

Yeah sure, the camera makes a difference but not as much as people think. What contributes to a good image generally sits in this order of influence:

Photographer > Lens > Conditions > Camera

I've found that some people seem to believe sensor resolution is the be all and end all of it when really there is a lot more to look at. That is only due to their lack of understanding though, because it is not their field.

Reply 3998
Original post by Pegasus2
Chill out, it was just a point. I din't even make it in a harsh way! :smile:
Surprised I got negged, I just want to help people be better photographers by challenging how they think about it.

Yeah sure, the camera makes a difference but not as much as people think. What contributes to a good image generally sits in this order of influence:

Photographer > Lens > Conditions > Camera

I've found that some people seem to believe sensor resolution is the be all and end all of it when really there is a lot more to look at. That is only due to their lack of understanding though, because it is not their field.

I agree with what your saying lol, btw i didn't neg rep you, I'm on my phone so can't rep :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waiting for the fog to clear

Taken yesterday (9th Jan '13) at 23:25.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending