The Student Room Group

Post your best photograph

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by ocelotrevs
I took some off the top, to make it a bit more symmetrical for the printed version. I didn't like there being so much empty sky.

forgive me for persisting but I do really quite like this photo. I had a go at cropping a bit more out of the sky, just to even up the proportions of water : trees : sky

Original post by Freud
forgive me for persisting but I do really quite like this photo. I had a go at cropping a bit more out of the sky, just to even up the proportions of water : trees : sky

Spoiler

No problem at all.
I like it.

I wish that I had got all of the reflection in the water though, but I think there would've been something I didn't want in there if I remember.
Original post by Freud

I would pull an even tighter crop is still pretty central. Or if theres the original around....
Hedgehunter, that photo is absolutely amazing :eek:

I was going to quote until I clicked preview and the photo went super maximized, so I thought I shouldn't.
Original post by wizard710
This is a picture of the sunrise that I took in Crete

Spoiler

This is gorgeous :smile: It really reminds me of Impression Sunrise by Monet:

Beautiful!
Original post by brian_lawd
stunning photo mate. i bet that was an awesome sight to see.

Original post by heartimplode
Hedgehunter, that photo is absolutely amazing :eek:

I was going to quote until I clicked preview and the photo went super maximized, so I thought I shouldn't.

Yeah it was awesome, apparently there were between 700-1000 dusky dolphins in that pod. I must have taken in excess of 30 pics till I got one with a Dolphin in mid-air, would be easier with an SLR!

Cathedral Cove, In the NZ summer it would be impossible to get a picture with no humans in it.

Clouds below the horizon due to the curvature of the Earth...looks cool if not a particularly amazing photo.

Spoiler

The fact that these are the best I could find really doesn't say a lot for the rest of my photographs I'm afraid :redface:
Original post by Hedgehunter

Cathedral Cove, In the NZ summer it would be impossible to get a picture with no humans in it.

Was that taken in the Coromandel Peninsula? If so then I've got a photo of that but closer up and with a strong reflection in the sea and wet sand. Lovely place :biggrin:
Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent
Was that taken in the Coromandel Peninsula? If so then I've got a photo of that but closer up and with a strong reflection in the sea and wet sand. Lovely place :biggrin:

That is correct yes.
Yeah it was awesome, apparently there were between 700-1000 dusky dolphins in that pod. I must have taken in excess of 30 pics till I got one with a Dolphin in mid-air, would be easier with an SLR!

ah just bought the 500d myself mate eh. bought it before the bloody vat increases. if youre getting photos like that out of a point an shoot, your slr shots would be stunning, likesay.

might as well post a recent wan o mine now that im in here:

Reply 1791
This is probably my favorite image I have so far (started getting into photography this Christmas!)

It was taken at the harbour of the fishing village where I live in Hong Kong. This woman runs a boat service taking people to beaches and other piers in the area.

You can check out my other pictures at my DA gallery http://nordam.deviantart.com/gallery/#

If you have an account drop me a comment on any photos and tell me what you think :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
The quality of this is rubbish 'cause i just got it from my facebook rather than look for my memory stick, but i quite like it 'cause it's...a bit gross :colondollar:

Reply 1793
Original post by brian_lawd
ah just bought the 500d myself mate eh. bought it before the bloody vat increases. if youre getting photos like that out of a point an shoot, your slr shots would be stunning, likesay.

might as well post a recent wan o mine now that im in here:

Yeah I would like one and I love the water in this pic, what exposure did you have that on?
Yeah I would like one and I love the water in this pic, what exposure did you have that on?

cheers bud. just checked the exif data - 10 seconds mate. ma neutral density filters arrived earlier that day, so thought id try them oot. absolutely love the effects you can achieve wi them.

A pic I took a while ago while visiting Lebanon.

Don't worry, I put the tortoise upright again.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending