The Student Room Group

What is your dream life?

Recently I've seen a lot of teenagers on social media saying that life just consists of getting a degree, getting a job, getting married and then working until you die.
This made me sad! Life is so so much more than that!
I want to travel Europe, work a career I love, fall in love, have fun etc.
How about everyone else? What is your dream life?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My dream is to help wildlife all across the globe by researching new species and understanding how they are interacting with their ever changing world. I want to also do lots of speeches of my research and work at The Natural History Museum :smile:
Maybe fall in love? We’ll see where the winds blow :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Recently I've seen a lot of teenagers on social media saying that life just consists of getting a degree, getting a job, getting married and then working until you die.
This made me sad! Life is so so much more than that!
I want to travel Europe, work a career I love, fall in love, have fun etc.
How about everyone else? What is your dream life?

You don't understand how much I don't want want the basic life everyone is saying life is. I want to travel the world and meet a buch of people I can adventure with. I would love to just go to different countries live there for a bit and move to the next. But I do feel like that is only a dream which would never become reality if it could be reality I don't know how I would be able to do it
Reply 3
Original post by bedazzle
You don't understand how much I don't want want the basic life everyone is saying life is. I want to travel the world and meet a buch of people I can adventure with. I would love to just go to different countries live there for a bit and move to the next. But I do feel like that is only a dream which would never become reality if it could be reality I don't know how I would be able to do it

No don't think like that! That dream is entirely 100% possible and it's my dream as well! You could do that, it's not like you're asking to be a billionaire.
What job would you like to do? And how old are you?
Reply 4
Original post by Moonbow
My dream is to help wildlife all across the globe by researching new species and understanding how they are interacting with their ever changing world. I want to also do lots of speeches of my research and work at The Natural History Museum :smile:
Maybe fall in love? We’ll see where the winds blow :wink:

Oh that's so sweet I love it:redface: I wish you all the best I'm sure you'll achieve it!
Reply 5
No don't think like that! That dream is entirely 100% possible and it's my dream as well! You could do that, it's not like you're asking to be a billionaire.
What job would you like to do? And how old are you?

well I wanted to be a CSI hopefully be successful and move to America (I live in the UK) and im currently 17 so I have time to think but if I could I would take a gap year or a bit longer and live to the fullest
Reply 6
Get a degree, become rich, have a soap opra of a love affair, take over the world, fight off ninjas, become a super spy, and then live on mars.

I also want a pony :colondollar:
Reply 7
Original post by bedazzle
well I wanted to be a CSI hopefully be successful and move to America (I live in the UK) and im currently 17 so I have time to think but if I could I would take a gap year or a bit longer and live to the fullest

With a job like that I'm sure you'd be able to travel! You could take a gap year or study abroad?
Reply 8
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Get a degree, become rich, take over the world, fight off ninjas, become a super spy, and then live on mars.
I also want a pony :colondollar:

Hehehe sounds fun good luck!
I wanna get married obvs but to the love of my life,travel the world,save up so I dont rely on anyone,have a really nice house and a nice job etc
Reply 10
Hehehe sounds fun good luck!

I dont need luck :colone:
Be a sugar baby
I wanna get married obvs but to the love of my life,travel the world,save up so I dont rely on anyone,have a really nice house and a nice job etc

Yay good luck sounds amazing!
I want to go to uni, get a degree and find a career I love. I’ll move in with my boyfriend and we will get a husky. We will get married, have kids and when they’ve all moved out, we will move to Canada :smile:
Get a PhD to become Dr Zodo, do a job that I actually enjoy, and see the world. Finishing my book would be nice, too.
Original post by babyshark
I want to go to uni, get a degree and find a career I love. I’ll move in with my boyfriend and we will get a husky. We will get married, have kids and when they’ve all moved out, we will move to Canada :smile:

Aww that's so cute I love it
Being extremely rich. So rich I don’t have to check the price tags
Aww that's so cute I love it

haha thank you :smile:
Oh that's so sweet I love it:redface: I wish you all the best I'm sure you'll achieve it!

Thank you! I hope you achieve yours too 😊
When I was younger, I had a massive dream of becoming an airline pilot. I think I've mastered tens of thousands of hours on my home flight simulator and you would think I am real world pilot given the amount of knowledge I have. But my dreams were crushed when I realised that I couldn't join flight school in my early 20s because of my eyesight, and I knew I had to pursue other areas if I wanted to have a successful future. So I did Business Management as a degree, and I have graduated just now. So after many years, my dreams have shifted massively. Which is why I am doing a Masters in Finance and Banking later this year. On the side of that, I am taking a strong interest in the financial markets, investment and trading. My true dream today I guess would be to become a private banker who serves the richest in this world, where you get to hang around in the French Riviera or Monaco, on the yachts of the world's richest people. I think to myself, if I don't become a billionaire, then it is better to be realistic and at least try to get a taste of the rich life by hanging around rich people and giving them financial advice. Get to be on their yachts, got to their parties, get their assistance if you need something from them etc. I think that's my dream today. And then maybe, just maybe, when I've decided that I've had enough of banking/finance, I'll go back to pursuing my dream of becoming an airline pilot after having LASIK done. The good thing about becoming a pilot is that there really is no age limit.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending