The Student Room Group

Making friends in Scotland?

Hi i’m moving in with my dad this August and i have just finished year 11 here in England. i never really had many friends here in school and was always excluded socially, but i hope to have a fresh start when i move and hopefully make a few friends as my confidence has grown. i’m still nervous that i wont be able to and will end up being the quiet reject again so does anyone have tips? are people in scotland generally nice and welcoming? do you think i can make friends and how should i go about it? thanks (:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Depends, if you like sweary alcoholics then you should fit right in with us.

However you can’t really generalise a country and it’s not like we’re aliens, just a little further north than you’re used to.
Reply 2
Original post by unsweetenedblue
Hi i’m moving in with my dad this August and i have just finished year 11 here in England. i never really had many friends here in school and was always excluded socially, but i hope to have a fresh start when i move and hopefully make a few friends as my confidence has grown. i’m still nervous that i wont be able to and will end up being the quiet reject again so does anyone have tips? are people in scotland generally nice and welcoming? do you think i can make friends and how should i go about it? thanks (:

Scotland is very welcoming, and honestly the best advice I can give you for living here is put yourself out there! The more you do, whether that be getting a part-time job, volunteering or other clubs, the more you'll want to do and the more friends you'll make. I totally understand that that's scary moving to a new place and putting yourself out there, but after you've applied/started doing even one thing, you'll be a pro!
Reply 3
Master the Glasgow kiss!

Quick Reply

Latest