The Student Room Group

politics a level/degree

when taking politics A level or politics degree, is it better to be bias (left/right) or unbias. I'm totally unbias like I have no strong opinion so I'm worried this will be a disadvantage. Also, if you are left wing are you disadvantaged if you have right wing teacher and classmates. and same with if you are right wing, are you disadvantaged if you have left wing teachers and classmates
Original post by maddiethorp
when taking politics A level or politics degree, is it better to be bias (left/right) or unbias. I'm totally unbias like I have no strong opinion so I'm worried this will be a disadvantage. Also, if you are left wing are you disadvantaged if you have right wing teacher and classmates. and same with if you are right wing, are you disadvantaged if you have left wing teachers and classmates

I don't think it is a disadvantage having people of different views to you as it simply provides you with an alternate view and may make your argument stronger in the long run. Also, I know people who, after two years of studying politics, have come out with completely different views than they started with. I am very similar to you in being unbiased but I would say that if you can come up with a list of things you disagree with/are against vs those you are for, then you can see where your political view lies and be more confident in it.
Hiya.
I'm looking to take politics at a-level but you're taught a curriculum like any other subject as far as I know. Therefore, any bias or none at all shouldn't mean you lose marks or anything :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending