The Student Room Group

A level option selection

So I am currently taking history politics and economics at Alevel and have just began year 12 however I am having some second thoughts on my a level options. My main concern is this is politics well respected and will this option selection be good for applying for decent unis. Degree wise I am considering law business or politics degrees, is my current selection sufficient
Original post by vOUY
So I am currently taking history politics and economics at Alevel and have just began year 12 however I am having some second thoughts on my a level options. My main concern is this is politics well respected and will this option selection be good for applying for decent unis. Degree wise I am considering law business or politics degrees, is my current selection sufficient

None of the degrees that you picked require specific subjects, so you're generally fine. Politics is a respected subject (even though I think differently of it).

If you're particularly concerned, then you would need to look at the specific degree courses' entry requirements. They generaly spell out the subjects you would need to have or are "preferred".
Reply 2
Would english a level be a worthwhile upgrade from politics
Original post by vOUY
Would english a level be a worthwhile upgrade from politics

I wouldn't know, but from the choice of degrees that you want I don't think it would make much difference

Quick Reply

Latest