The Student Room Group

Equivalent of a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma and GCSEs in Italy?

Hi There,

I am planning on studying abroad in Itay for my university education as I am both Italian and British, but I was raised and did my education in the U.K.

I have to send my documents to the Consolato Generale d'Italia Londra for legal verification (dichiarazione di valore) for use in Italy. I am wondering if they'll accept my BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma as an equivalent to A Levels or if they won't recognize it.

I've heard that the diploma di esame di stato is the same as A Levels/ Level 3 qualifications and GCSEs

Did anyone get any experience with this? I can't find much about anyone from the UK going to study in Italy.
Original post by SamuelC96
Hi There,

I am planning on studying abroad in Itay for my university education as I am both Italian and British, but I was raised and did my education in the U.K.

I have to send my documents to the Consolato Generale d'Italia Londra for legal verification (dichiarazione di valore) for use in Italy. I am wondering if they'll accept my BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma as an equivalent to A Levels or if they won't recognize it.

I've heard that the diploma di esame di stato is the same as A Levels/ Level 3 qualifications and GCSEs

Did anyone get any experience with this? I can't find much about anyone from the UK going to study in Italy.

If its after 2021, then do you have Italian citizenship and checked you qualify for funding?
You will need to go to your traget unis website and look at the page where it says what international qualifications they will accept.
Most UK unis have one , but you need the reverese.

A levels are internationally accepted, but BTEC dont travel as well.
It will be up to the uni whether to accpet or not.

If they still dont understand what a BTEC is then you might wish to get a NARIC comparison. YOu need to talk to the uni if they dont accpet your verification which may only explain them as being genuine rather than evaluating their content.

The Diploma di Esame di Stato will be the equivalent and depends on what %.

Sure ive seen some medica who have gone to study in Italy.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
If its after 2021, then do you have Italian citizenship and checked you qualify for funding?
You will need to go to your traget unis website and look at the page where it says what international qualifications they will accept.
Most UK unis have one , but you need the reverese.

A levels are internationally accepted, but BTEC dont travel as well.
It will be up to the uni whether to accpet or not.

If they still dont understand what a BTEC is then you might wish to get a NARIC comparison. YOu need to talk to the uni if they dont accpet your verification which may only explain them as being genuine rather than evaluating their content.

The Diploma di Esame di Stato will be the equivalent and depends on what %.

Sure ive seen some medica who have gone to study in Italy.

I am an Italian Citizen as well as British.

Thanks for answering, I am hoping with the "DoV" from Italian Consulate of London will understand what it is. I am actually applying for a foundation year, so I am not even attempting a first cycle yet! With this in mind, I hope the BTEC is accepted. I showed it to the University, and they said the qualification was fine, but it needed the DoV from the Italian Consulate of London, so I guess it rests on the. They basically said it needs to be comparable to a high school diploma.
Original post by SamuelC96
I am an Italian Citizen as well as British.

Thanks for answering, I am hoping with the "DoV" from Italian Consulate of London will understand what it is. I am actually applying for a foundation year, so I am not even attempting a first cycle yet! With this in mind, I hope the BTEC is accepted. I showed it to the University, and they said the qualification was fine, but it needed the DoV from the Italian Consulate of London, so I guess it rests on the. They basically said it needs to be comparable to a high school diploma.

Perhaps send or link them to documentation of pearsons website explaining what BTEC is? Hopefully you will be fine.
Reply 4
Hi I am in the same situation, (I am Italian) I also have Btec level 3 National Extended Diploma In applied science (medical) and I would like to go to uni in Italy.From your experience, what did u do ? And is it possible or not?Thank you in advance.
Original post by Musta
Hi I am in the same situation, (I am Italian) I also have Btec level 3 National Extended Diploma In applied science (medical) and I would like to go to uni in Italy.From your experience, what did u do ? And is it possible or not?Thank you in advance.

Hi, I'm Italian from what I have noticed the italian uni website only mention alevel so you should email every uni that you are interested in and ask. On the unis website they say to email them if your qualification is not in their list
Reply 6
Hi I’m doing my btech in applied science and math and I’m panicking about my options now. Is it that bad and what categories can I get into with this qualification.

Original post by Musta
Reply 7
Hi all, im wondering about next year.. because I’m planning to go in Italy for the UNI, I’m currently finishing the 2nd year of BTEC L3 in IT, i done 2 years of “scuola superiore” in italy, the. Started the BTEC in UK, but without doing the GCSES… will i have big issues ? When i will apply for the UNI there..?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending