The Student Room Group

Btec Applied science help!!

Im a year 13 student who has already submitted their ucas for radiography however deep down im starting to look at my choices because ive always wanted to do medicine but i thought there was no way i could get in with my majority C's in gcse and Level 3 qualifications however recently ive found a route i could go through to get into a foundation year with medicine course and universities like Bristol, Plymouth and Leicester.

Im currently doing a BTEC national diploma worth 2 a levels in applied science which im predicted DD for and an A level sociology. The way i could get into a foundation year is to do an extended diploma which is worth 3 a levels. However i have a double so is it possible for me to do just 1 year instead of 2 years?

I noticed that with the course (which is at a different college i do not attend to) has most of the units i would of already completed by the end of the year for the diploma and most where mandatory units EXCEPT for unit 7 which is done in the second year of this extended diploma course. All together there are 13 units in the course 6 are taught in first year to achieve foundation diploma and 7 are taught in second year to achieve the extended diploma.

In my college that i attend to now i have completed these units: 1,2,3,4,5,6,9,10 TO ACHIEVE NATIONAL DIPLOMA (2 A level equivalent)

and in the other college where they have the EXTENDED DIPLOMA (3 A level equivalent) course the first year is units:1,2,3,4,8,19 and second year units: 5,6,7,9,15,21,11/23

i've done 7 from all of those units above for extended diploma, and i have 6 that i have not completed, Is it possible to do this in 1 year because i'm very much determined and capable to however is this not allowed in BTEC?
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending