The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Ok i want to do medicine and chose my a levels today.

Chemistry (A2)
Biology (A2)
Physics (AS)
Business Studies (A2)

I changed Psychology --> Physics :frown:

Was this a smart move, or will the workload be massive and ill end up failing everything.:eek:
what were your gcses? if you like physics you should be fine... and if you did mechanics applied option. maybe swap business for psych as business sin't looked well on...
Reply 42
Well if it does, does your college, like mine, have an induction period, where you can change your choices within the first 2 weeks if you don't like it or whatever?
Reply 43
Personally I would have kept Psychology as it would have given you more time to concentrate on bio and chem which are more important and to me Physics is a harder subject than Psych therefore will definitly take up a more bigger workload. But on the pluc with physcs you can apply to Sheffield as they require 3 sciences at AS. So don't kick yourself too much. Some can manage the workload others can't. bu good luck.
Reply 44
Physics was 79% and 98%
Reply 45
i feel so depressed now LOL
Yeah I'd agree with ^^^
I think Chem, Bio, Maths and Psychology would be good :P
Reply 47
just change it back lol.

but you do know that business is quite hard too?
Physics would make your application stronger if you can hack it. Think you should have Maths aswell.

Physics,maths,bio,chem = very good. But very hard aswell

Bio,chem,maths,psy = Best option. mix of essay based subject in there. You should change it into this.
hazzypants
what were your gcses? if you like physics you should be fine... and if you did mechanics applied option. maybe swap business for psych as business sin't looked well on...

Are you taking six AS's? :eek:
Reply 50
Drop business studies and take up psychology.
Reply 51
Or maths.
I Have No Imagination
Are you taking six AS's? :eek:

LOL no 5:smile:. i'm doing maths, french, geogrpahy, chemistry and performance studies.

but.. if chemistry goes belly up (which it probs will i'm scared:s-smilie: i'm only doing it for medicine, but i don't really like science:rolleyes: ) then i will take politics as it is my back up. and if i don't get on the performance course or decide to just do drama outside of college then i will do english literature :smile:
Do what you enjoy most. Most unis don't care about the 3rd A level. You've got to do it for 2 years, don't listen to anyone else.
Reply 54
If you hate physics then it was a daft thing to do...

If you like it and think you're capable of an A grade (& more so than psych) then enjoy!
Reply 55
As well as maths, biology, chemistry and geography, I've also been given the opportunity to study critical thinking. Is it true that it can improve a persons ability in verbal reasoning? Just curious really.
Biology, Chemistry, Maths and 20th Century History AS for me =)
I got 11A*'s at GCSE and my parents think i should take 5
However I think taking 4 will give me time to do Gold DofE which will add more value (and be more fun!) than an English Lit AS.
What do you guys think?
XxCurly-TopxX
Biology, Chemistry, Maths and 20th Century History AS for me =)
I got 11A*'s at GCSE and my parents think i should take 5
However I think taking 4 will give me time to do Gold DofE which will add more value (and be more fun!) than an English Lit AS.
What do you guys think?

Do what you think is best for you.

I think the Gold DofE thing would be good to have, it's something to do outside of school and something to write about. You also find it fun :smile:

There's not much point in doing an extra AS unless you really want to.
I am in A2. In AS i did maths, biology, chemisty and physics and got all A's. I want to drop physics because I hate it. Is it worth me doing another AS?

What AS should i do this year that will help my medical application? Psychology? Economics?

Thanks
Why not just drop physics and just carry on with your other 3 subjects?

Latest

Trending

Trending