The Student Room Group

Tesco Stock Control

Anyone here work at tesco in stock control or know what its like? Cheers
Reply 1
I have done. I worked in a smaller store where stock control was divided into fresh foods and ambient grocery. Primary functions included confirming deliveries and completing scheduled stock counts using a PDA.

It can be a pressurised and physically demanding role and I used to take a lot of **** when things went wrong. I was part of a small but close team who all supported each other so that was nice. If you have any specific questions I might be able to help more.

The routines are relatively easy to learn. It will help if you have good general computer skills, are thorough, accurate and have good attention to detail. You will also need to be able to use your own initiative.

Tom x
Reply 2
Shrink, shrink, shrink! The bane of my life!!!
Ubiquitous
Shrink, shrink, shrink! The bane of my life!!!

I'd have to agree with you on that one!
Reply 4
Stock Reduction.....Gap scan..... Counts.........Shrink........PI....merchendising......RF reduction....PFI....RGX.....Off Sale....DSS....
What exactly is shrink and DSS??
Original post by bubblesnsqueak25
What exactly is shrink and DSS??

Shrink is the amount of lost stock by any means (damages, stolen etc) can't remember what DSS is off of the top of my head, I last worked at Tesco 7 years ago
Hi. I am joining as non food stock controller staring 7 am and it would be 15 hours a week. What would be my duties? What will I be doing actually? Any ideas?? Please...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending