The Student Room Group

Tesco employee handbook

Does anyone on here have the latest employee handbook?
Trying to find out how much notice I need to give to quit. My employment with them began in June 2020. I'm only part time and they keep underpayong me anyway so no reason to continue with them, even it was the only permanent contract I've ever had in my life.
Original post by Nbdycares
Does anyone on here have the latest employee handbook?
Trying to find out how much notice I need to give to quit. My employment with them began in June 2020. I'm only part time and they keep underpayong me anyway so no reason to continue with them, even it was the only permanent contract I've ever had in my life.

Hi

As you are over a year employed with tesco you'll need to give them a months notice of leaving in writing to your manager.

You shouldn't had been underpaid all the time as yeah can accept mistakes once or twice but not constantly like what you said about yourself.

Hopes this helps you ok,

From a t/leader & stand in supervisor as required with tesco.

Whatever you do in future best of luck and hoped you enjoyed time with working with tesco dispite pay issues.
Reply 2
Original post by Tracey_W
Hi

As you are over a year employed with tesco you'll need to give them a months notice of leaving in writing to your manager.

You shouldn't had been underpaid all the time as yeah can accept mistakes once or twice but not constantly like what you said about yourself.

Hopes this helps you ok,

From a t/leader & stand in supervisor as required with tesco.

Whatever you do in future best of luck and hoped you enjoyed time with working with tesco dispite pay issues.

Hi Tracey thank you,
This was much quicker than trying to log into our tesco and looking for the handbook 😆
The issues with pay are constant, I'm pretty sure that's on purpose as I can't imagine the clerks being that incompetent. I have been there for over a year and no one has even explained to me how the wages are worked out, since it's different every month 🤦*♀️ but defo lower than what is stated in my contract.
I also spend actual hours on travelling to work as I moved town for college, so for a couple of hundred quids it's not worth it.. It doesn't even pay my bills.
It does bother me because honestly tesco were the first employer in my life to realise that I needed support with my issues, mental health, worked around my college schedule etc. But due to this I feel like I'm stuck with no opportunities to progress whatsoever (stuck in the same department for ages and they won't train me anywhere else) and monthly issues with wages really are too much.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Nbdycares
Hi Tracey thank you,
This was much quicker than trying to log into our tesco and looking for the handbook 😆
The issues with pay are constant, I'm pretty sure that's on purpose as I can't imagine the clerks being that incompetent. I have been there for over a year and no one has even explained to me how the wages are worked out, since it's different every month 🤦*♀️ but defo lower than what is stated in my contract.
I also spend actual hours on travelling to work as I moved town for college, so for a couple of hundred quids it's not worth it.. It doesn't even pay my bills.
It does bother me because honestly tesco were the first employer in my life to realise that I needed support with my issues, mental health, worked around my college schedule etc. But due to this I feel like I'm stuck with no opportunities to progress whatsoever (stuck in the same department for ages and they won't train me anywhere else) and monthly issues with wages really are too much.

Hi

You are welcome ok with what I said previously..

I would probably intend to agree with you on it's quicker to ask somebody here at times than time you login to your tesco account and find it and go through it.

Usually all employers ask for a minimum of one week if under a year and at least a month over a year upto one week notice for every year you worked there as that's tesco policy.

I wouldn't expect somebody in pay control to mess up people's pay constantly but you never know who's behind it as it could be mistakes from manager upwards with it especially overtime. They all not incompetent in pay control I can assure you on that and tend to agree it's somebody doing it but proving it is the thing although you know like who maybe at it.

Did you not consider a transfer to a store closer to where you are for college like. Or apply for a job at one closer to you. And give it a go to see if same thing happened there but it shouldn't like rather than quit....!!! If the samething did happen constantly then I would probably intend to agree with you not being happy and reason why you want to leave. Have think on this .

You should had complained ( I hope you did this ) as should not be short paid except first 12 weeks then it goes upto same as rest of staff.

I can understand being stuck in one department as it's boring at times as staff should perhaps be rotated every so often to another department as I think everyone will feel better with that. Do you not get opportunity to work on tills as well as shop floor as generally staff get to do this as the reason why they tend to train all staff on it. Staff training supposed to happen but I do know that some stores don't do this at all but why is the thing.

In my store we do this every 2 months with rotating staff who wants to do this but not compulsory like and it creates a good atmosphere doing this. I work between two department areas due to the one not having any team leader in it as not yet been filled. I don't change my department as I'm fine on it.

Opportunities of promotion are far and far between in tesco but when it's available you got to grab it hoping you get it over others.
I work in Tesco's on nights and the bosses are slave drivers! I had a bit of a bad back and I told the supervisor but he was moaning about it saying hurry up and finish, you're the only one with a cage left and as he was saying "come on" he was hitting his hand just like Hitler did in his speeches. Should we not learn from history in general? Look at what happened to Germany under the dictatorship of Hitler! I totally feel undervalued by all of my superiors and don't think I can lean on anybody. There's no support for any of us and good people are leaving on mass exodus. There's absolutely no morale in there. Everybody is under too much pressure to perform with no care of wellbeing and I can't handle it anymore mentally and physically I am drained! I don't want to be a snitch and tell his supervisor he is being a Hitler wannabe but if it keeps up I'll probably end up smashing his teeth in and it will be all my fault and he'll be the victim. Lol it's funny what can happen when there's no support chain at work! I'm old skool but my mental health is taking a battering and I constantly feel targeted by my superiors because of my age! I work at Tesco Extra in Corby and the health and safety is pretty non existent just like the morale at work, there's none! Well that's my story. What can I do to stop me getting the jail???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending