The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

University of Sussex Clearing and Adjustment thread 2020

This is a thread to discuss The University of Sussex for Clearing 2020.

You can find their current course listings here >>

Get more information about Clearing on TSR and ask for advice here >>

And here >>

Good luck with everything!
Posting to subscribe. :bl:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Hi everyone! Have you got any questions about Clearing at Sussex? Let me know below and I’ll be happy to help you.

You might find our Guide to Clearing useful and you can hear from our students about their experience of Clearing too. You can also sign-up to our Clearing email alerts to get the latest updates on our Clearing vacancies and how to apply.

Tom, Sussex UG Enquiries :smile:
Original post by University of Sussex Undergraduate Enquiries
Hi everyone! Have you got any questions about Clearing at Sussex? Let me know below and I’ll be happy to help you.

You might find our Guide to Clearing useful and you can hear from our students about their experience of Clearing too. You can also sign-up to our Clearing email alerts to get the latest updates on our Clearing vacancies and how to apply.

Tom, Sussex UG Enquiries :smile:

Hi I wanted to know how strong is the economics department & how diverse Sussex is. Also I wanted to know what unis econ graduates usually End up at?
hi!

I am currently in my second year at studying at Sussex and whilst I don't do Economics myself, I have a few friends that study this as a single honours or as part of a joint programme! Economics at Sussex is quite popular and I have heard a lot of good things about the course and how many people enjoy what they study.
In terms of diversity at Sussex, I would say generally speaking, it is more diverse than perhaps some other top universities but there is still room for improvement. As an ethnic minority student, I actually did not find it too difficult to meet people of a similar background to me. I recommend joining societies as this is one of the best ways to meet people and worked well for me!

To have a look at career prospects, i recommend having a look at our website http://www.sussex.ac.uk/economics/ugstudy/careers - this section tells you a little about what kind of jobs you can end up in.
Hope this was helpful!

Meena
3rd Year Student Ambassador
Reply 5
Is Sussex any good for law?
Original post by master1

Hello, I am not currently studying Law at Sussex, but I know a number of Law students that are, or have really enjoyed their courses. As far as I know, Sussex is not at the top of the League Tables for Law, but this does not necessarily suggest it is not still a great place to study Law! As a current student, I can say that I have definitely been impressed with the course content, quality of teaching, job opportunities, and various forms of support offered to students at Sussex. Thus, I would always say that there are many factors to consider when applying to any university for any course, including whether you simply like the type of modules offered for Law at any university. Therefore, I would encourage you to have a look through our course options and module selection for Law and see if you like the sound of the course content being offered :smile: >>> Undergraduate Law Courses. Let me know if you have any other questions, or would like any more details about what it is like to study at Sussex.

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student (MSCI) with a Year Abroad)
Original post by master1

hello!

Just adding to Kasia, everything that was mentioned I pretty much agree with! I study Politics but the Politics department falls under LPS (stands for Law, Politics and Sociology) and a lot of my friends study Law. It is a very popular degree studied here and many people I know that study it do enjoy it - the only thing I would add is Law students have mentioned to me how this is a challenging degree with lots of readings and hard examinations (which is most likely the case wherever you go). Just make sure to do research and see if Law is strongly where your interest lies :smile:
Best of Luck!

Meena (3rd Year Politics)
Hiya, do u know anything about business psychology in Sussex?
Original post by Catherine007
Hiya, do u know anything about business psychology in Sussex?

Hello @Catherine007,

At Sussex, we offer Psychology with Business Management BSc (Hons) and Marketing and Management with Psychology BSc (Hons) which may of interest to you.

The University of Sussex is ranked 8th in the UK for Psychology (Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject 2021) and Top 10 in the UK for Business and Economics (The Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject 2021).

I have not taken Psychology with Business Management myself, however, I hope one of my colleagues can answer your question in more detail.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me! :cute:

Kind Regards,
Erica (3rd Year BSc Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending