The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

urgent! MSC ECONOMICS CAMBRIDGE OR MSC APPLIED STATISTICS OXFORD

hi,

my best friend/ ex-girlfriend need decide to choose one of the course in title next week.

any ideas ? in terms of future career or the couses themselves...

the cambridge course requried a frist class degree, and oxford, 2.1.

she did get a first degree from a top university elsewhere.

many thanks in advance...
yunyuan
hi,

my best friend/ ex-girlfriend need decide to choose one of the course in title next week.

any ideas ? in terms of future career or the couses themselves...

the cambridge course requried a frist class degree, and oxford, 2.1.

she did get a first degree from a top university elsewhere.

many thanks in advance...

That's really, really vague. Does she want to do economics or applied statistics? That will give her the answer. Both universities are as good as you're likely to get in the UK and have fantastic resources.

It really does come down as to which she wants to do, and only she can make that choice.

As an Oxford man, I would say Oxford over Cambridge but that's just a personal thing.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
oriel historian
That's really, really vague. Does she want to do economics or applied statistics? That will give her the answer.

:ditto:

also I think you mean MPhil ECONOMICS CAMBRIDGE
Reply 3
oriel historian
That's really, really vague. Does she want to do economics or applied statistics? That will give her the answer. Both universities are as good as you're likely to get in the UK and have fantastic resources.

It really does come down as to which she wants to do, and only she can make that choice.

As an Oxford man, I would say Oxford over Cambridge but that's just a personal thing.

thank you for ur reply:smile:

and she decide to study at lincoln college , oxford. u r from oriel? i have quite a few friends have studied/r studying BA in jurisprudence there... as well as several M.Jur s :smile:
Reply 4
shuvle
:ditto:

also I think you mean MPhil ECONOMICS CAMBRIDGE

I did not see the offer at all. and i just knew it was a master's in economics, then i thought it could be a msc, like other universities'.

thank you for ur reply..
yunyuan
thank you for ur reply:smile:

and she decide to study at lincoln college , oxford. u r from oriel? i have quite a few friends have studied/r studying BA in jurisprudence there... as well as several M.Jur s :smile:

Hi there, nice to see you here. I'm from China too and I'm going for MSc in Applied Stats. I'll be staying at Keble College.

I gave up the MPhil Economics @ Balliol College offer. I know Balliol sounds great, but the course itself is more important. Do you mind if I contact you or your friend?

It's nice that your friend chose statistics over economics. :biggrin:
Reply 6
hi, alles, nice to c u here 2. :smile:

i just sent u an email, i believe u 2 will meet each other up at oxford for sure:smile: she is a very nice person:smile:

Balliol college is a great college, but keble sounds cool as well. and so does lincoln...

Latest

Trending

Trending