The Student Room Group

RAF pressup form

Hello, I've recently applied to the RAF and have been training to improve my physical performance. My question is: for the press-ups within the fitness test, does the placement of the elbows matter? By this I mean should the elbows remain by the side on all movements or can they come out to the side slightly whilst in the down position. The reason I ask this is I can't find any clear guidance on this situation anywhere on the internet! Any help that can be given is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time! :smile:
Reply 1
It's explained here:

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/how-to-apply/eligibility-check

Be aware there's an Armed Forces forum on here, under 'Careers and Jobs', with plenty if information about joining, selection, the roles etc.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
It's explained here:

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/how-to-apply/eligibility-check

Be aware there's an Armed Forces forum on here, under 'Careers and Jobs', with plenty if information about joining, selection, the roles etc.

Hello there Surnia and thank you for your speedy response! Theres nothing within that resource which states where the elbows need to go during the actual push up, so it just makes me assume that it doesn't matter. I just don't want to train one way, and then fail due to something so silly. Once again thank you for your time sir!
Original post by Stormy8
Hello, I've recently applied to the RAF and have been training to improve my physical performance. My question is: for the press-ups within the fitness test, does the placement of the elbows matter? By this I mean should the elbows remain by the side on all movements or can they come out to the side slightly whilst in the down position. The reason I ask this is I can't find any clear guidance on this situation anywhere on the internet! Any help that can be given is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time! :smile:

It honestly doesn’t matter, the amount is a MINIMUM requirement meaning you should be able to easily exceed it no problem. At that level the positioning of your elbows with hands at shoulder width shouldn’t hinder or help massively
Reply 4
Original post by dumpling_lover
It honestly doesn’t matter, the amount is a MINIMUM requirement meaning you should be able to easily exceed it no problem. At that level the positioning of your elbows with hands at shoulder width shouldn’t hinder or help massively

Thank you sir! These small things play on my mind so this is a big help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending