The Student Room Group

Did I do something wrong?

I was driving and the road did have a zebra crossing on it and as I was approaching the zebra crossing and they were walking down the pavement on the side where they were slightly away from the road and they suddenly come to edge and start waiting to cross (not standing on the crossing but a few steps before it) and there was no way I was going to stop for them as I was too close so I continued on and they start shouting abuse to me.

Was I wrong?
If so what did I do wrong because I feel I haven’t done anything wrong.
Original post by jazzyman123
I was driving and the road did have a zebra crossing on it and as I was approaching the zebra crossing and they were walking down the pavement on the side where they were slightly away from the road and they suddenly come to edge and start waiting to cross (not standing on the crossing but a few steps before it) and there was no way I was going to stop for them as I was too close so I continued on and they start shouting abuse to me.

Was I wrong?
If so what did I do wrong because I feel I haven’t done anything wrong.

Its fine, don't think about it too much. Its not safe for you to abruptly and suddenly stop anyway if you were already really close to the zebra crossing.

Normally when I'm approaching a zebra crossing and I notice people walking near it on the pavement I do slow down in case they want to cross.
Original post by donkey.kong
Its fine, don't think about it too much. Its not safe for you to abruptly and suddenly stop anyway if you were already really close to the zebra crossing.

Normally when I'm approaching a zebra crossing and I notice people walking near it on the pavement I do slow down in case they want to cross.

Same here but they were on their phone so I thought they weren’t going to cross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending