The Student Room Group

What do you think of people that fly abroad during the global pandemic?

I think those that fly abroad for non essential reasons are extremely stupid and selfish putting themselves at risk of catching covid from getting on a plane full of potential covid carriers and visiting a highly infected foreign country during this time. If I booked a holiday I would have definitely cancelled it as it's still not completely safe. What do you think of people that fly abroad for non essential reasons during the global pandemic?
Reply 1
Very very idiotic. They deserve to get the virus for sheer stupidity as those who don't wear masks. Observe distances
I think it’s really irresponsible and selfish but what can you do 🤷🏽*♀️🤷🏽*♀️
Original post by SMEGGGY
Very very idiotic. They deserve to get the virus for sheer stupidity as those who don't wear masks. Observe distances

I very much hope they do not get the virus and spread it amongst the most vulnerable of our communities. I wouldn’t wish it on any body. No matter the sheer stupidity of them.
It depends on whether the overseas travel was mandatory, for business purposes ordered by an employer or could not be avoided without risking career suicide/incurring substantial financial loss.
I had to travel to NI by helicopter for work last month, several friends decided to accompany me with a few bringing their children and dogs along.
Original post by londonmyst
It depends on whether the overseas travel was mandatory, for business purposes ordered by an employer or could not be avoided without risking career suicide/incurring substantial financial loss.
I had to travel to NI by helicopter for work last month, several friends decided to accompany me with a few bringing their children and dogs along.

Oooh, a helicopter. How did the dogs find that??
Original post by itscourtchicks
Oooh, a helicopter. How did the dogs find that??

The gsd was great, helped keep four children calm during the ride and seemed to have lots of fun posing for photos.
Siberian husky was very distressed by the noise, disoriented by all the unfamiliar smells and had to be distracted with fish.
She's always been fine with plane flights but I doubt that she'll ever tolerate going anywhere near a helicopter for the rest of her life.
Original post by londonmyst
The gsd was great, helped keep four children calm during the ride and seemed to have lots of fun posing for photos.
Siberian husky was very distressed by the noise, disoriented by all the unfamiliar smells and had to be distracted with fish.
She's always been fine with plane flights but I doubt that she'll ever tolerate going anywhere near a helicopter for the rest of her life.

Did they have to wear special ear plugs or anything?
Might be a bit of an unpopular opinion but I think that as long as everyone is extremely cautious, staying in quarantine for two weeks beforehand, checking temperatures, fully equipped with protective equipment...there is no problem with flying abroad. In fact I think that it's a good thing and allows the tourism industry to have a breather and for certain countries to avoid economic collapse.
Original post by itscourtchicks
Did they have to wear special ear plugs or anything?

No.
Flying with mutt muffs does work well for nervous dogs and hunting dogs who are used to wearing them whenever there's shooting planned.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending