The Student Room Group

GANFYD's "Which medical schools accept retake A-Levels" list

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abdullafakhri
looking at the widening participation graph and not including my predicted arabic grade, I have a score between 60-68.
And if i include my Bio predicted grade which is either A or A* then its 75-83

Exeter needed 95 last year and 98 the rear before iirc
Original post by Chi chi5
Exeter needed 95 last year and 98 the rear before iirc

Thats unfortunate. So what do you think my 4 options should be, I'm pretty sure I'm contextual. So leeds? aston?
Aston seems a good option
Leeds likely risky unless contextual and if contextual gives you reduced UCAT cutoff
Email kmms about excircs though they may not allow it
Don’t think Liverpool will lower but it’s not impossible
Uea cutoff was 2710

Aston
Check Brunel they’ve opened to home students
edge hill maybe
@GANFYD - just a thought, might be worth adding and maintaining a bit in bold at the top of the OP stating when the last update was. The edit date at the bottom is not where most people's eyes are drawn and it might stop a few repeat questions about whether it's up to date.
Aston
Check Brunel they’ve opened to home students
edge hill maybe

Brunel require AAB and only need my chem and maths, so my Arabic A* is good for it as a backup. No UCAT cutoff and accep resits. 50% of applicants get an interview pretty much and they assess PS aswell. I also fall under the A2L so i think Leeds and Aston are main 2 and maybe 2 of Brunel, Edge Hill or liverpool?
Reply 405
Original post by Admit-One
@GANFYD - just a thought, might be worth adding and maintaining a bit in bold at the top of the OP stating when the last update was. The edit date at the bottom is not where most people's eyes are drawn and it might stop a few repeat questions about whether it's up to date.

Good idea, thanks. Done :smile:
Original post by Abdullafakhri
Brunel require AAB and only need my chem and maths, so my Arabic A* is good for it as a backup. No UCAT cutoff and accep resits. 50% of applicants get an interview pretty much and they assess PS aswell. I also fall under the A2L so i think Leeds and Aston are main 2 and maybe 2 of Brunel, Edge Hill or liverpool?

id go for brunel and edge hill over liverpool

poor int to offer ratio and most likely to miss the cutoff
id go for brunel and edge hill over liverpool

poor int to offer ratio and most likely to miss the cutoff

Thank you very much for your help!
Reply 408
Hi,

I achieved ABBB this year and I am resitting the alevels i got Bs in (chemistry, geography and maths) I also have an A in arabic that I achieved back in 2018 so Idk if this can count

I achieved 2690 B1
Vr-620
Dm-640
Qr-730
Ar-700

I have 9s in all my gcses except for an 8 in maths

What unis would anyone advise I apply to:smile:
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending