The Student Room Group

GANFYD's "Which medical schools accept retake A-Levels" list

Scroll to see replies

Quick question when retaking in the summer can my grade go down or if it were to can i use the grade i achieved in the prior year
Reply 61
what is that for?
Do Cardiff accept autumn resits. I took a gap year and I want to apply for 2021
Does anyone know any universities that do not mind A levels being completed over 3 years , and where i have only predicted grades and not sat official exams?
This is a dead thread in which i will not receive my desired answer . Also it is a different question! I specifically differentiated from the aim of this thread as the answer i require is quite different.
There was a thread where someone posted a list of all the medical schools that accept a-level resists, what the conditions for the resists were and what the medical schools stance was on summer 2021 exams. I can’t find that thread so if anyone can find it could you please link it? Thanks.
Thank you :smile:
@GANFYD do you know if Bristol, East Anglia or Leicester accept gcse resists as well?

Original post by Anonymous17!
@GANFYD do you know if Bristol, East Anglia or Leicester accept gcse resists as well?

Bristol does, anglia and Leicester only accept with ABB first sitting
Original post by Uzair63
Bristol does, anglia and Leicester only accept with ABB first sitting

For GCSE resits? I’m not taking about A-Level resists. Why would what I got for my first a-level sitting natter for GCSEs?
Reply 70

Leicester allow English, nil else
ARU are OK with resits.
Bristol allow 1 resit of any exam at GCSE.
Original post by GANFYD
ARU are OK with resits.

Ok thank you. That means I have Sheffield and Bristol then if I end up resitting both gcse and a-levels. If I manage to get B’s in these autumn exams, then I can add east Anglia to my list but not Leicester. Thanks :smile:
Original post by GANFYD
ARU are OK with resits.

Sorry to be a pain, but do you know if Keele accept gcse resists as well?

thank you so much :smile:
Reply 73
Sorry to be a pain, but do you know if Keele accept gcse resists as well?

thank you so much :smile:

Pretty sure they do. They say
"Please note all GCSE requirements must normally be met prior to application, with the exception of applicants undertaking Access courses with maths/English GCSEs simultaneously.

However, for 2021 entry only, students completing A levels or equivalent in 2021 who were scheduled to retake GCSEs in Year 12 in 2020 and were not awarded grades based on school/college assessments may apply with pending GCSE results. If you are in this position you must a) declare all achieved grades in your completed qualifications and b) include the relevant pending GCSEs in the list of qualifications not yet completed in your UCAS application. Any offer will be conditional on grades achieved in these GCSEs as well as your A level/equivalent."

If they were OK with "scheduled resits", suggests they would be accepted
Original post by GANFYD
Pretty sure they do. They say
"Please note all GCSE requirements must normally be met prior to application, with the exception of applicants undertaking Access courses with maths/English GCSEs simultaneously.

However, for 2021 entry only, students completing A levels or equivalent in 2021 who were scheduled to retake GCSEs in Year 12 in 2020 and were not awarded grades based on school/college assessments may apply with pending GCSE results. If you are in this position you must a) declare all achieved grades in your completed qualifications and b) include the relevant pending GCSEs in the list of qualifications not yet completed in your UCAS application. Any offer will be conditional on grades achieved in these GCSEs as well as your A level/equivalent."

If they were OK with "scheduled resits", suggests they would be accepted

Yeah, that’s what I thought when I read the requirements on their websites. Sure does sound like they do doesn’t it? Ok, thank you. Do you think I should contact them at some point to confirm or do you think it’s a safe assumption to make based on the above?
Reply 75
Yeah, that’s what I thought when I read the requirements on their websites. Sure does sound like they do doesn’t it? Ok, thank you. Do you think I should contact them at some point to confirm or do you think it’s a safe assumption to make based on the above?

No harm in asking them to clarify, andthen please post here for other people to share, thanks :smile:
Original post by GANFYD
No harm in asking them to clarify, andthen please post here for other people to share, thanks :smile:

Ok will do, I’ll send them an email tomorrow and once I get a reply, I’ll post here. Really hoping they do accept them in general
Has anyone got into medicine from re-resitting?

I'm just wondering.
(edited 3 years ago)
I quickly just checked the thread you showed me and it’s just people who are resitting. I didn’t see anyone who has or is re-resitting. The people who took the autumn exams but got CAGs don’t are resitting once not twice
Reply 79
Original post by lapinacolada
Has anyone got into medicine from re-resitting?

I'm just wondering.

Yes, many people, every year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending