The Student Room Group
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester

Official University of Chichester 2021 applicant thread

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Chichester for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manooka

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Chichester for 2021!

Hiya, I'm Susanna

Politics and Contemporary History

A Level Politics, A Level History, BTEC Applied Law and EPQ.
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester
Hi i'm Arian :smile: What course are you applying for?Primary teaching with qts What subjects are you studying now?Criminology, health and social care and Graphics, I also previously studied Applied science.
Original post by arianrhyz
Hi i'm Arian :smile: What course are you applying for?Primary teaching with qts What subjects are you studying now?Criminology, health and social care and Graphics, I also previously studied Applied science.

I'm currently studying A Level History, Politics and Applied Law and an EPQ
If you have any questions, feel free to comment them on this thread or message us! :smile:

You can book onto one of our Virtual Open Day's here: https://booknow.chi.ac.uk

You can book onto a socially-distanced campus tours here: https://www.chi.ac.uk/campustours
Hey everyone, I got offered a place a Chichester for 2021 doing early childhood studies and I still wanna find out a bit more about accommodation but I’m pretty certain it’s the one for me , so would love to get to know people also thinking of going xxx
Original post by Panashe21
Hey everyone, I got offered a place a Chichester for 2021 doing early childhood studies and I still wanna find out a bit more about accommodation but I’m pretty certain it’s the one for me , so would love to get to know people also thinking of going xxx

Hi there,

Congratulations on your offer, that's super exciting! :smile:

We have a variety of accommodation options, both on and off campus, catered and self catered and en-suite or shared facilities. If you wanted to have a look around our accommodation options, we have an accommodation tours playlist available, just visit - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMwhF7NaFQJxQURaE5OhzSu-sBOgTi_QA.

We have also have an upcoming Accommodation webinar on the 16 December from 3 - 4pm. Here, our Accommodation manager Joe, will discuss the types of accommodation we have and also how the applying for accommodation process works. You will also get the opportunity to talk to current students living on on-campus and off-campus accommodation and find out about their experiences. To book a place, visit - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/webinar-accommodation-how-to-apply-what-types-do-we-have-tickets-128503919683

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any specific questions, we're happy to help! :smile:

Submit reply
Thank you so much that is so helpful!, Are we allowed to bring our own cars or is it best to leave them at home and I really want to play a big part in making sure nobody’s alone and everybody is having good nights in the SU how can I get more involved ?xx!
Thank you so much that is so helpful!, Are we allowed to bring our own cars or is it best to leave them at home and I really want to play a big part in making sure nobody’s alone and everybody is having good nights in the SU how can I get more involved ?xx!

I'm glad you found that helpful!

Good question - Due to lack of parking facilities we are unable to offer parking to students living on campus. If you are allocated accommodation off campus you may be able to purchase a designated parking permit. It very much depends which accommodation you choose, most students choose to leave their cars at home as the university is close to the train station and has good transport links :smile:

In terms of getting involved at the SU, there are plenty of opportunities! Our Students' Union run an election each year where you get to choose which students run and lead the Students' Union next year. Elected students set the direction of the Students' Union, decide on student policy, run campaigns and projects to improve students' lives. Any student can run for these positions, so my advice would be to go for it once you start university! You sound really committed to involving everyone already and that's exactly the type of person the SU needs. More information about our SU can be found at - https://www.ucsu.org/.

We also have an Official 2021 Applicant Group on Facebook (which you may well already be a part of) and this is a great way to get to know people before starting university. So we would recommend you join this too, as this will give you the opportunity to talk to a variety of people. The link to join is - https://www.facebook.com/groups/chichester2021 :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Manooka

Hi!

I've applied for Creative Writing & History (Joint Honours). I'm currently on a year out but during my A-levels I studied English Language, History and Gov & Politics.
Original post by userhep
Hi!

I've applied for Creative Writing & History (Joint Honours). I'm currently on a year out but during my A-levels I studied English Language, History and Gov & Politics.

Hi there,

That's exciting! Let us know if you have any questions about the course or would like to be put in touch with current students:smile:

We hope to see you soon!
Reply 11
Original post by arianrhyz

hi, i’ve applied for primary education at chichester too!!! we should talk more!
Reply 12

hiya, i’ve applied for chichester for primary education and it’s definitely my first choice if i get an offer. we should talk more! my snap is hxnnxh.s xxx
Original post by hspry
hiya, i’ve applied for chichester for primary education and it’s definitely my first choice if i get an offer. we should talk more! my snap is hxnnxh.s xxx

Hey there!

Wow that's exciting :smile: Let us know if you have any questions!

If you haven't already, you might want to join our Applicant Group so you can find other people that have also applied for your course. The link to join is - https://www.facebook.com/groups/chichester2021.

Hopefully we can see you soon!
Original post by Manooka

Hiya I’m Ellie,

I have applied and am about to accept an offer for a psychotherapy and counselling degree and I’m studying business and English at A-level : )
Original post by Anonymous
Hiya I’m Ellie,

I have applied and am about to accept an offer for a psychotherapy and counselling degree and I’m studying business and English at A-level : )

Hi Ellie:hello:

Wow congratulations on your offer! Let us know if you have any questions :smile:
Hello! Thank you so much, I will!
Original post by Manooka

Hiiii! I'm still not 100% sure but I think I wanna apply for Chi Uni. I wanna apply [atm] for the BA [Hons] Creative Writing and Screenwriting, since I like to create stories and I wanna do both writing for Novels, Comics, Graphic Novels and also write for TV, Movies and Video Games.

I've previously studied a Level 2 & 3 UAL Diploma in Creative Media Production and currently on an Art & Design Foundation but want to change as I'm more into storytelling and narrative over art these days. I am a bit worried I might not get accepted since I didn't do A-Levels and went for BTECs instead but here's hoping they let me in lol.
Original post by Lukeey!
Hiiii! I'm still not 100% sure but I think I wanna apply for Chi Uni. I wanna apply [atm] for the BA [Hons] Creative Writing and Screenwriting, since I like to create stories and I wanna do both writing for Novels, Comics, Graphic Novels and also write for TV, Movies and Video Games.

I've previously studied a Level 2 & 3 UAL Diploma in Creative Media Production and currently on an Art & Design Foundation but want to change as I'm more into storytelling and narrative over art these days. I am a bit worried I might not get accepted since I didn't do A-Levels and went for BTECs instead but here's hoping they let me in lol.

Hey!!

That's exciting, our Creative Writing and Screenwriting course sounds perfect for you!

In terms of entry requirements, we definitely recommend you talk to our Admissions Team as they will be able to take a look at your qualifications. You can email them on [email protected] or call 01243 816000 :smile:

If you have any questions at all, give us a shout!

Thanks, Sian
Just got my offer and accepted it! Looking forward to campus tours later this month

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending