The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Official Edge Hill University 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BenicioDelToro
Any Edge Hill applicants still waiting to hear back from the uni post interview? I had an interview for 5 year medicine and was told I’d hear back by the end of April, and I get no responses when I email in.

Hi! I am in the same situation as you. I managed to speak to them today and they said it’s taking longer than they expected and that we will have a decision on track by 20th May. Hope that helps! :smile:
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Original post by KeeMossx
I've applied to study mental health nursing and social work! Hoping to find some friends for my move, although I have no idea about student accommodation etc...

Hi!

For more information regarding accommodation, please have a look at https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/study/accommodation/

You'll be able to check out all of our accommodation and get an idea of what it's like to live on campus.

Hope this helps!
Reply 142
Any one here starting the Physician Associate MSc?
Hi, I'm Deiniol :smile:

I've applied to study Data Science at Edge Hill, starting September 2021. I've got a conditional offer and awaiting confirmation. I'll be coming in as a mature student (30) and I've been studying part-time, alongside full-time employment, with the Open University since 2015, mainly in Maths & Stats.

I'm really keen to see what sports Edge Hill has to offer. I love playing football, it's what I exercise for so that is priority number one. Beyond that, I've heard good things about the swimming pool there and I'm a keen runner and cyclist. I did Chester marathon and a 100 mile cycle event around Anglesey a few years back, so a triathlon is definitely on the cards.

Looking forward to meeting like-minded people :shakehand::beerglass:

P.S. The name is Welsh (fluent speaker), named after a welsh saint who founded Bangor, North Wales cathedral. Pronounced: Day - nee - ol. Friends call me Dein.
Original post by Deiniol16

I've applied to study Data Science at Edge Hill, starting September 2021. I've got a conditional offer and awaiting confirmation. I'll be coming in as a mature student (30) and I've been studying part-time, alongside full-time employment, with the Open University since 2015, mainly in Maths & Stats.

I'm really keen to see what sports Edge Hill has to offer. I love playing football, it's what I exercise for so that is priority number one. Beyond that, I've heard good things about the swimming pool there and I'm a keen runner and cyclist. I did Chester marathon and a 100 mile cycle event around Anglesey a few years back, so a triathlon is definitely on the cards.

P.S. The name is Welsh (fluent speaker), named after a welsh saint who founded Bangor, North Wales cathedral. Pronounced: Day - nee - ol. Friends call me Dein.

Hi there Deiniol!

We have a group chat going which contains Data Science (GI11), if you'd like to be added to it, the link is: https://guilded.gg/ehu

Hope to see you there!
- Penguin
Original post by Deiniol16

Hi @Deiniol16,

Edge Hill is a great place for sports, so there is lots you can get involved with. Our Sports & Leisure webpage is the best place to start to find out more. You can find details of our Campus Sport activities, which are great fun and allow you to meet others with similar interests. The webpage also has information in relation to Team Edge Hill, which involves representing the University competitively in a range of different sports.

Yes, the pool is great - information on all our sports facilities can also be found in the link above.

The West Lancs triathlon is also held on campus, so this may be something you'd like to get involved with at some point during your studies!

Hope that helps and good luck with everything.

Best wishes,
Becky
Hi, I’m wondering if anyone has received their timetable yet, not just the introduction week. Struggling to arrange childcare xx
Please what’s the 2021 mental health nursing interview like? So I can know what to go through please.
Original post by Anonymous
Secondary Maths teaching, currently study maths, Financial studies and ict

Hi I’m going straight into the second year of Edge hills secondary mathematics education with qts and if that’s the course you’re on could you potentially help me with some of the first year stuff I missed
Original post by NataliaHutching
I'm applying for Secondary maths teaching

Hi I’m going straight onto the second year of the secondary mathematics education with qts course at edge hill. Would you possibly be able to help me with the stuff I missed in the first year
Original post by ZebraButts
Hi I’m going straight onto the second year of the secondary mathematics education with qts course at edge hill. Would you possibly be able to help me with the stuff I missed in the first year

Hi @ZebraButts,

If you are an applicant you should have been sent an email with a link to our applicant webpages which will have lots of information available to help prepare you for university. There is also course specific information to help the transition into university studies. Please have a look for the email. If you can't find it feel free to get in touch with [email protected] and we will be more than happy to look into this for you.

I hope this helps,

Luke - Course Enquiries Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending