The Student Room Group

Spots/acne on chest?

Hello,

A while ago when I was about to shower I noticed these spots/acne growing on my chest.What is it caused by? 😅
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

A while ago when I was about to shower I noticed these spots/acne growing on my chest.What is it caused by? 😅

Hi, this is most commonly caused by pores on the skin being clogged up either by:

1) sweat

or

2) bacteria

The most simple solution is to regularly take showers and not wear the same top for too long as this is one of the prone reasons to why this can occur.

All the best!
Yeast see a doctor urgent as it will spread
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

if you have long hair, are you letting your hair touch your chest while it is covered in conditioner in the shower? ye, conditioner causes spots. Part your hair in half down the back of your head, and lean forward a little so your hair hangs down infront of you, then condition and rinse like that without letting your hair touch your chest. Also, shower every day (or at least every 2 days) and change to a clean shirt each time. Make sure you scrub your skin with a flannel or something while you are in the shower too (and use shower gel). The only other thing I can imagine after this is quit greasy food/dairy. I've heard excess sugar causes spots too. Good luck OP
Ask a GP to know for certain. It may be hormones, diet, allergy...
Trust me it’s just normal acne not anything to worry about I used to get acne on my chest and back but eventually it goes away

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending