The Student Room Group

Getting rid of Acne/Epiduo doesn't work??

I recently went to the dermatologist about my eczema and she noticed my acne and prescribed me Epiduo, I thought since it's a mix of benzoyl peroxide and adapalene it would work pretty well but all it's done is dry out my skin and my spots are exactly the same as before! Anyone tried Epiduo and found the same? And has anyone got any advice for clearing my acne?
Original post by Kpopvkei
I recently went to the dermatologist about my eczema and she noticed my acne and prescribed me Epiduo, I thought since it's a mix of benzoyl peroxide and adapalene it would work pretty well but all it's done is dry out my skin and my spots are exactly the same as before! Anyone tried Epiduo and found the same? And has anyone got any advice for clearing my acne?

Omg same! I'm literally on Epiduo right now and I was searching stories regarding how it isn't working (I got nothing). I went to the GP though. I got Epiduo, but it was mostly for hyperpigmentation (scars) along with active acne. It's genuinely done nothing. At first, it burned and made my skin peel off. But now it's doing nothing. I'm on the nearly at the end of month 3 currently.
Tbh, just stop using acne cleansers or whatever. They do nothing, except irritate your skin. I'll keep you updated though.
Reply 2
Original post by od_rashmi
Omg same! I'm literally on Epiduo right now and I was searching stories regarding how it isn't working (I got nothing). I went to the GP though. I got Epiduo, but it was mostly for hyperpigmentation (scars) along with active acne. It's genuinely done nothing. At first, it burned and made my skin peel off. But now it's doing nothing. I'm on the nearly at the end of month 3 currently.
Tbh, just stop using acne cleansers or whatever. They do nothing, except irritate your skin. I'll keep you updated though.

Yeah I don't use any soaps or anything I just wash my face with water and use the Epiduo but it literally does nothing .-.
Original post by Kpopvkei
Yeah I don't use any soaps or anything I just wash my face with water and use the Epiduo but it literally does nothing .-.

How long you been on it?
I've been using epiduo for probably almost 2 years now and seems to help my skin slightly as it gets worse when I stop using it

Just remember to moisturise
I've been on it for longer than a year now, i was prescribed it through the GP. My skin has definitely cleared up, it's more hydrated and less bumpy but I'm still dealing with scarring every time i break out - it's like an endless nightmare. I'm not sure if i should contact my GP for a new alternative because i really don't want to lose the progress I've made so far. The thought of purging all over again sounds awful. But i also don't think i should be breaking out this much.

Any help?

Quick Reply

Latest