The Student Room Group

Best A-Levels for Engineering

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
DT would be preferred by admissions, I'd guess. Music is good though and if you enjoy it, do it.
Try and do an AS in Further Maths, it will help your application greatly. Good luck =]

A bit of background -
I'm applying for Cambridge. Did Maths, FurtherM, Physics and Chemistry for AS, dropped Chemistry for A2 this year.

I'm hoping they'll still like me. They were all 96%+.
Fingers crossed. =]
Reply 21
I cant help but LOL when you i see you wanting to take engineering but take music AS.

Subjects good for engineering
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Reply 22
If you don't want to consider other subjects, e.g. chemistry, then i'd pick computing. DT is not that helpful as all you learn in DT will be re-covered at uni anyway if you do a materials module or something.

I'd say computing would be much more helpful in a world that is becoming increasingly reliant on computers, especially in industries such as engineering.
Would you want to go into design? If so, computing should help for that too.
As much maths and physics type subjects as you can do should be the basis for all engineers.

Chemical engineers would need chemistry. Electrical and computer engineers would probably need computing.

What's DT?
Reply 24
This guy made his decision a long time ago...
Reply 25
There's nothing wrong with taking Music A-level, a very difficult A-level. Do what you enjoy, it'll will make you a little different from other applications and show your skills aren't restricted to Science and Maths.
I did Maths, Physics and Music as A-levels and I had no problems getting offers!
Can anybody tell me how much total A level subject ?
Reply 27
Original post by Tariq Ismail
Can anybody tell me how much total A level subject ?

Can you clarify your question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest